Hot Tranny!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62nalide

Reaction score
well i notice that the trans is running in the 199s to 208s seems kinda hot to me has anyone upgraded there trans cooler? if so how much temp did it drop?

OP
OP

62nalide

Reaction score
SMH lol didnt think to spell it out but anyways this is my 2nd ford and my 06 transmission wont get this hot dealer says its normal but idk i just dont see how the hotter the oil the less it lubes so idk maybe its just me

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw 215* on my display this weekend while out wheeling. I have read other threads where that is not abnormal. But like you, I always thought that cooler fluid was better for the transmission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
mine seems to always be 198 or 199. i did get to 205 driving thru the mountains and downshifting alot on the uphills. there was a thread about this a long while back and i think they said thats right in line with these trans's..... i know some have upgraded the coolers, but i dont think its that big an issue. im more worried about the rough shifting in 1st and 2nd when in heavy traffic.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sorry to derail your thread in the beginning. but mine runs about 208 to 212 when i am towing. and that is usually on the hills. if you can call them that in florida. jack.