Hot Tranny!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly worried about this myself, though mine is running normally at 160 to 170 F. How does the thermostat work on these newer transmissions, is it built in? Would it be best to add a second cooler, or a larger first cooler? I have seen some that have fans on them, might be nice if I could find room.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or this
trannyinpagent.jpg

If thats a dude.....I might be gay....:hitit::supergay:

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic - interesting observation, any time I look at the temperature display for the transmission, it doesn't matter what the temperature (number), the idiot gauge (needle) is always in the same place. 190* or 215* on the display and the needle stayed slightly left of middle. That's a 25* swing with no noticable difference in the position of the needle!

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine typically stays at 197. I was offroading and got it to 220 so I let off the throttle for a bit and it seemed to go back to normal temp pretty quick

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have developed a transmission cooler to suit the needs of even the most abusive raptor owner. It is a CBR oil cooler that is outfitted with 2 electric fans. It fits directly behind the front bumper so it is very neatly tucked up and out of the way. Our complete with everything you will need to install it. Wiring harness along with all the oil lines and fittings.

DSC_0186.JPG

OP
OP

62nalide

Reaction score
well guys i just got of the phone with a cooler company and they told me i will see an average 18 to 25* in change or my $ back i will be ordering one next week, its the same one im using on a built Turbo truck that i have i will keep u guys updated

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

We have developed a transmission cooler to suit the needs of even the most abusive raptor owner. It is a CBR oil cooler that is outfitted with 2 electric fans. It fits directly behind the front bumper so it is very neatly tucked up and out of the way. Our complete with everything you will need to install it. Wiring harness along with all the oil lines and fittings.

DSC_0186.JPG

wow thats a sweet looking cooler can u PM me with a quote? thanks

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Jason, I may be interested, but I have a question.... my VIAIR compressor is mounted in that exact spot. Can you guys think of any way I could fit both behind the grill??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc