help with this awful startup noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
problem is i had all four cam phasers replaced 2 years ago under tsb 20-2315? or atleast thats what my ticket said. they said they couldn't hear any issues when i left it with them for a few days and did nothing a couple months ago?

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
you serious? hell i was without my truck for 2 weeks the first time. thanks for the help. i'm only at about 65k miles on my '18 so u think i need to take it back to the guys who fked it up the first time or will any dealer still do it under warranty?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you serious? hell i was without my truck for 2 weeks the first time. thanks for the help. i'm only at about 65k miles on my '18 so u think i need to take it back to the guys who fked it up the first time or will any dealer still do it under warranty?
Does it always crank that slowly? Almost sounds like a weak battery by the sound.

As far as the phaser noise, did you have FSA 21B10 completed? I would definitely bring it back to the dealer that did the work and see what they say. You’ll probably need to leave it overnight and then demonstrate the noise for them on a cold start.

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
Thanks tech. Yes I replaced the battery a month ago and no change. Mornings are worst. During day still some drag but not as bad

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it always crank that slowly? Almost sounds like a weak battery by the sound.

As far as the phaser noise, did you have FSA 21B10 completed? I would definitely bring it back to the dealer that did the work and see what they say. You’ll probably need to leave it overnight and then demonstrate the noise for them on a cold start.
Mine threw a low fuel pressure code and cranked long when my C F went bad. When they replaced them never had the long crank again.

100% cam fazer

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn that's a really severe case.... mine barely make noise compared to that. Sounds like the bottom end is gonna flop out of there.