help with this awful startup noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thy sounds louder/different & occurs @ a different time during crank/start than when my 2018 developed it….if I remember correctly either holding the gas down or just cranking it longer would prevent the noise from occurring I forget which, but maybe yours progressed to point of no return? I haven’t had a single issue w/ my 2020 late build, 50k miles now, every make has its quirks/issues & ford def makes a helluva lot more trouble free raptors than troublesome ones. FWIW I had a GMC Sierra that left me stranded due to a failed starter and ended up having a few of the DOD lifters go bad +need fuel rail replacement

OP
OP
G

guyzilla

Reaction score
UPDATE! there is no update, only despair. One month later and $1700 worth of rental truck bills while my truck sat at dealer doing nothing. I said the hell with it and went up and got the truck to drive it anyways while i wait on the parts. barely any communication from ford customer service and none at all from dealer. fking nightmare. gonna try yet another dealer whom is reputable about an hour away but have to go thru diagnosis, etc even though we know its phasers and plugs.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE! there is no update, only despair. One month later and $1700 worth of rental truck bills while my truck sat at dealer doing nothing. I said the hell with it and went up and got the truck to drive it anyways while i wait on the parts. barely any communication from ford customer service and none at all from dealer. fking nightmare. gonna try yet another dealer whom is reputable about an hour away but have to go thru diagnosis, etc even though we know its phasers and plugs.
Good move. Reading your posts has really made me question your dealer.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish you the best in getting your truck fix. Reading your predicament situation makes me sad. I had a few dealer shit moments but nothing compared to yours.