Has anyone found a cheap solution to wheel hop/axle wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Travis_2308

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I cant floor my truck in 1st or 2nd without galloping down the road and god forbid a standing start ,that's just embarrassing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had horrible "wheel hop" before I got my RPG Stage 3 Suspension Kit. Be sure to keep in mine which National Springs you'll need down the road before ordering it though. Pretty sure I'll end up needing the HD's. Also, you may want to have them account for the drivers weight and a full fuel tank. One side will sag "slightly" more than another. Moreover, you may want a higher stance in the rear compared to the standards and can order +1 etc.

OP
OP
Travis_2308

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just learn how to launch your truck properly. Dont just slam the pedal down, roll into it. Ever driven a very high powered car (viper, cts-v, gt500) you cant just floor it.

Its very different driving a high powered car or motorcycle because you are trying to limit wheel spin on these vehicles while on the raptor you're trying to limit wheel hop. It's a lot harder to predict and control than simply wheel spin

rasco

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Frame flex causes a lot of "wheel hop"
Springs don't help.
Notice 4 link 1600's don't have wheel hop?
But class 8's will.

It's the frame and spring combination that kicks your butt.

Thumb typed on my iPhone.