GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grill shutter actuator is a smart motor, it communicates on a private bus to the PCM. It runs a self calibration routine to check the shutter operation and will set various DTCs if the results are outside of limits. It will continue to re-run the self calibration if a fault is present, which is most likely what you’re hearing.

The fog lights are powered by FETs (Field Effect Transistors) within the BCM. When you unplug the fog lights, the FETs detect the open and the BCM sets a DTC. After that DTC continues to set thousands of times over, the logic determines the fault detection is no longer valid and a U3000:49 sets, which disables the module and requires replacement.

How are you so confident that your mods aren’t involved when to don’t even understand how these systems work? And then you scream “lemon law”? :facepalm:
My factory fog wires are not plugged into anything 2 months now, should I be seeing some kind of fault because all seems normal on the dash, even when i hit the switch, dash icon lights up but no lights or errors. I want to use that circuit for some S1 ambers plugged in with adapters to avoid any splicing in the near future but until then should I be pulling the fuse or something?
Thanks

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I planned on doing that tomorrow when I get home from work and see what happens. Wont take super long now that I know the tear down portion, just sucks that I have to resort to this after seeing people with their aftermarket bumpers not have any issues.
This thread is full of retardation.

It is NOT the manufacturers responsibility to make aftermarket parts work with their systems. 100% the opposite I am afraid.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that is true, but it seems like every year a new issue comes out with these trucks. It isn't my first rodeo with modding vehicles, and trucks in general, just weird to me that a bumper and moving the location of a part would cause so many issues.
I have been doing this for 35 years, and in the past decade vehicles have become either so sensitive or so smart the littlest change can have big consequences.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory fog wires are not plugged into anything 2 months now, should I be seeing some kind of fault because all seems normal on the dash, even when i hit the switch, dash icon lights up but no lights or errors. I want to use that circuit for some S1 ambers plugged in with adapters to avoid any splicing in the near future but until then should I be pulling the fuse or something?
Thanks
Baja designs provides blank plugs to plug into the fog wires with their kits. Not sure if they are simply waterproof blank plugs or serve to “trick” the truck into thinking they are still plugged into the factory lights. Either way, might be something to look into getting, even if for just keeping water out.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m close to opening a buyback case on my 2023. I love the truck overall but have been without it for 8wk since I got it late Dec. Multiple issues are still not fixed despite several attempts. Waiting on a new attempt at parts so I have the truck for a few weeks while they come in.

It’s got an exhaust rattle at idle while in drive that won’t go away unless you give it throttle to 700rpm or so. Shakes enough to where it wakes the baby up and you can hear it from inside the house. One of the exhaust sections was bent but that didn’t fix, then they tried some weighted mount. I think it has something to do with the idle speed but that doesn’t explain the metal on metal rattle from around the transfer case.

The sunroof has leaked and already come off track twice. Broken a set of tracks as well, sunroof is currently unlevel and leaking in heavy rains. Also doesn’t have a wind deflector and the cover is loose/shakes if any windows or sunroof is open.

Passenger side view mirror intermittently loses power to lights and sensors. They’ve changed wire harnesses and reprogrammed and I think they are changing out the entire door harness next?

Attachments

• 1FBD882C-8EDC-4441-B7BC-4ABE607EDBDC.jpeg
    1FBD882C-8EDC-4441-B7BC-4ABE607EDBDC.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 41
  • C2C99F11-03E6-4DCC-9051-819E6353B64A.jpeg
    C2C99F11-03E6-4DCC-9051-819E6353B64A.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 6290B988-4B85-4F42-B779-B6018BC05CDA.jpeg
    6290B988-4B85-4F42-B779-B6018BC05CDA.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3631.MOV
    4.5 MB
OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Thank you for chiming in. To think people are assuming not have fog lights plugged up is cause my whole truck to shut down is insane.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is full of retardation.

It is NOT the manufacturers responsibility to make aftermarket parts work with their systems. 100% the opposite I am afraid.
I’m not saying it is, but for a modification that has been hundreds of times to these trucks with no issues, I highly doubt it is the bumper and moving an ACC module that is causing all of this.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I’m close to opening a buyback case on my 2023. I love the truck overall but have been without it for 8wk since I got it late Dec. Multiple issues are still not fixed despite several attempts. Waiting on a new attempt at parts so I have the truck for a few weeks while they come in.

It’s got an exhaust rattle at idle while in drive that won’t go away unless you give it throttle to 700rpm or so. Shakes enough to where it wakes the baby up and you can hear it from inside the house. One of the exhaust sections was bent but that didn’t fix, then they tried some weighted mount. I think it has something to do with the idle speed but that doesn’t explain the metal on metal rattle from around the transfer case.

The sunroof has leaked and already come off track twice. Broken a set of tracks as well, sunroof is currently unlevel and leaking in heavy rains. Also doesn’t have a wind deflector and the cover is loose/shakes if any windows or sunroof is open.

Passenger side view mirror intermittently loses power to lights and sensors. They’ve changed wire harnesses and reprogrammed and I think they are changing out the entire door harness next?
Make sure to open another thread so we can jump on you without these muddy waters lol.

JK, I know from your previous posts there have been issues. If over the lemon limit, get it going--in your case you might have a shot (all based upon details for every visit, time in shop, etc, etc).

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because it seems like a very obvious thing, that’s why. I’m not going to cut wires and then go “**** I didn’t know that was gonna happen” but taking off a piece of plastic that is not electrically tied into anything at all isn’t something 99% of people would think “this is going to mess it all up” and if it did, why would it take over a month to show issues and errors in the starting sequence? It just doesn’t make sense.
It’s a “very obvious” thing to install aftermarket parts on a brand new vehicle? The grille shudders are monitored by a smart motor. It measures position and networks that data back to the PCM. If you don’t know how these systems work, why would you assume and then complain when you mess things up? That makes zero sense.