Gen 2 Raptors values starting to climb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 2 values are going to be just fine in the short- to mid-term. The Gen 3 isn't radically different and is going to have a noticeably higher MSRP, and many/most dealers will be asking for an ADM on top of MSRP. IOW, the Gen 3 isn't as radically different from the Gen 2 as the Gen 2 was to the Gen 1.

The Gen 3 is totally a better truck than the Gen 2, but not enough so much that I'm compelled to upgrade any time soon. That's a good thing for us.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt gen 2 owners will get the Gen 3, unless they do bring the Raptor R with the V8. Hope they drop the GT500 supercharged engine into the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt gen 2 owners will get the Gen 3, unless they do bring the Raptor R with the V8. Hope they drop the GT500 supercharged engine into the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably right but I think you may be surprised. The rear suspension, interior, and tech are very nice upgrades and in my short time here have seen a bunch swap barely one year old Gen 2s just to move up one model year for essentially the exact same truck, except for the shocks. I think the R will be cool but in reality is going to be a very niche vehicle commanding $$$ and will be second or third vehicles for most, not DD's.

metaphysician

Reaction score
If you have been doing homework, what is my 2019 with 7200 miles worth? 802a supercab with factory spray in bed liner. No other options.

I started tracking Gen 2 SCAB prices a few months ago. Looking for one myself. 2019-2020 SCAB 802A average list price is $62,876. 2017-2020 SCAB 802A average list price is $55,750. Keep in mind these are list prices, not sales. Some of these trucks are still available too (i.e. priced a little high). I can share my spreadsheet in another thread if people want to see the data.

OP
OP
Booth9999

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I started tracking Gen 2 SCAB prices a few months ago. Looking for one myself. 2019-2020 SCAB 802A average list price is $62,876. 2017-2020 SCAB 802A average list price is $55,750. Keep in mind these are list prices, not sales. Some of these trucks are still available too (i.e. priced a little high). I can share my spreadsheet in another thread if people want to see the data.
Show it here plz. Thanks.

GunBrand

Reaction score
I’m debating on selling mine because I can basically switch into a brand new Denali 2021 diesel 2500 truck and not have to pay much

18B5C39D-F5C1-432C-BFE3-6D64CA0E93E9.jpeg

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something I learned recently is that Carmax has a stake in edmunds. A former employee stated that if you take an edmunds price sheet into carmax that they will match what edmunds price is, contingent on accuracy of condition. This will typically get you more value on your raptor than a traditional carmax offer in most cases.

OP
OP
Booth9999

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I’m debating on selling mine because I can basically switch into a brand new Denali 2021 diesel 2500 truck and not have to pay much

View attachment 161212
But then you have to drive a lesser truck. Not even close in my book but do what floats your boat. Probably a reason you can give them a used Raptor truck and get a new GMC...

EGS

Reaction score
I don’t get this at all. You want one vehicle to maintain value, the trade off is not enjoying what you bought.

So you spend more money on a depreciating asset, more taxes, insurance, reg, maintenance, etc. And then spend more time in a car you don’t really enjoy.

It’s a raptor, neat but honestly not that special. Drive the wheels off it and enjoy yourself. If you put 150k on it in 5 years who cares, at least you had fun.

I see the same thing with guys trying to limp into their first exotic. Drop $200k but put 600 miles a year on it because they can’t stomach the costs. If that’s the case you shouldn’t buy it, since it’s clearly way out of your comfort zone.

I’ve daily driven some ridiculous vehicles and it was all worth it. Not saving it for the next guy to enjoy.
Convinced me! I'm going to drive it like I freaking stole it! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk