Gen 2 Raptors values starting to climb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That too is a consideration..

This won’t be like going to buy a new model year Prius LOL

In my area if you could buy a Raptor for MSRP you were doing good. Many dealers still tried and many of them get over MSRP. And they sell as many will and can pay for it. So you get spoiled when you finally land one @ invoice and then get a perk or two thrown in.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a good thing for all of Gen 2 owners that they are going up in price. I plan on holding onto mine until the 2022 Raptor R hits anyway.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 will drop in value once the Gen 3 starts selling.

I'm not sure that this is a given. Gen 1 models values are still commanding pretty hefty prices even considering how old they are now, and if the rumors of a big price increase for the Gen 3 turn out to be true, that would likely prop up Gen 2 pricing for a bit yet. Besides that, it seems to me that the Gen 2 trucks are in the sweet spot for pricing:

2014s still go for $40k or so for a good one, but they seem so dated now.
Gen 2s are $60k for a loaded truck with low miles, and still look pretty fresh.
Gen 3 will easily be over $80k for a loaded truck and there will be no deals available for quite some time.

I know which of those three options appeals the most to me.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure that this is a given. Gen 1 models values are still commanding pretty hefty prices even considering how old they are now, and if the rumors of a big price increase for the Gen 3 turn out to be true, that would likely prop up Gen 2 pricing for a bit yet. Besides that, it seems to me that the Gen 2 trucks are in the sweet spot for pricing:

2014s still go for $40k or so for a good one, but they seem so dated now.
Gen 2s are $60k for a loaded truck with low miles, and still look pretty fresh.
Gen 3 will easily be over $80k for a loaded truck and there will be no deals available for quite some time.

I know which of those three options appeals the most to me.

It doesn't really matter if Gen 2s are in the sweet spot price wise. It's about supply and demand. Although $80k (or whatever the price is) may be too steep for a lot of current Gen owners, it won't be a deterrent for many. It's pretty much guaranteed that the supply of available Gen 2s on the market will go up. At the same time, demand for Gen 2 is likely to decrease, or at least stay the same. Perhaps I'm wrong but hype for the Gen 3 is unlikely to spill over the Gen 2. So if supply goes up and demand remains the same/goes down...the market price will go down.

I realize that's not what happened with Gen 1 when the Gen 2 was released, but I think the differences between 1-2 and 2-3 is greater. People still want the Gen 1 because of the V8. It has something you can't get in the Gen 2. There is no such difference between Gen 2 and 3. There is little argument that the Gen 2 is better than Gen 3 in any way, at least it doesn't look that way. There will be a few that like the look of it, but that's it...I would guess. People will get the Gen 2 for price primarily, and in that case, I think other F150s and the Tremor will be added competition.

GunBrand

Reaction score
What’s yalls thoughts on gen 2 values with the gen 3 released?

I have a base raptor 2020 and I got offered $60,000 cash from a dealer and it’s been in a minor wreck & has 12k miles on it

thoughts?

Kbb value on it is $67k private party
20292EA5-4B84-4682-976C-7A37F50D0BF2.png