Gen 2 Raptors values starting to climb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Camaro SS 1LE and they warranty the car even for track days. I saw a YouTube video of this guy tracking his car and overrev the motor past 7k and it toasted the pistons. Chevy picked up the tab for everything. I call that standing behind your product. The dealers here in CA are a joke and I’ve purchased all my new vehicles from out of state. I hate wasting time with clueless salesman that need to ask their manager for approval. I always deal with the dealers that can provide OTD numbers and no BS fees. I imagine the gen3 is going to be over $80-90k as the normal loaded Lariat F-150 is going for $60k-70k. If inflation takes hold in the monetary system, then we could see over $100k if they try to compete with the TRX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a Camaro SS 1LE and they warranty the car even for track days. I saw a YouTube video of this guy tracking his car and overrev the motor past 7k and it toasted the pistons. Chevy picked up the tab for everything. I call that standing behind your product. The dealers here in CA are a joke and I’ve purchased all my new vehicles from out of state. I hate wasting time with clueless salesman that need to ask their manager for approval. I always deal with the dealers that can provide OTD numbers and no BS fees. I imagine the gen3 is going to be over $80-90k as the normal loaded Lariat F-150 is going for $60k-70k. If inflation takes hold in the monetary system, then we could see over $100k if they try to compete with the TRX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you know the owner of your ford dealership and can buy any vehicle ford makes for cost minus some hold back then you are good. Although I probably could not get that on the GT from them. Lol that would be the only ford vehicle I couldn't.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And Subaru because of a lawsuit gave me an 8 year/ 100k mile warranty on the motor for a class action lawsuit. Foreign car makers stand behind their products a lot more.

Fighting a widespread known safety defect in court, losing, and being forced to pay out is not in any way “standing behind your product”. Where do you come up with this nonsense...

vollmarj

Reaction score
:3639243774_5f528137
Where are you located? Raptors are hot here now in nc

also have you tried to list it on here lol?

NEVERMIND JUST SEEN YOU JUST JOINED TODAY GOOD TRY SASQUATCH...GOOD TRY YOU ALMOST HAD ME I MUST ADMIT. LOL 36k FOR A 49k mile RAPTOR YEAH RIGHT YOUR TRUCK MUST BE SALVAGE OR YOU ARE SMOKING THE GOOD STUFF 2014’s WITH 100K PLUS ARE WORTH 34-36k TRADE IN LOL
:chewie::biggun::ban:

I just joined recently because I was shocked to see that dealers in my area don't want raptors and wanted to ask others what they are seeing and put out a warning. I've been on other raptor forums since this truck was just a rumor.

I'm in Ann Arbor, MI. Call any of the dealers I'm my area yourself if you don't believe me.

I special ordered my Gen2 from my dealer when they first launched. I'm the only owner this truck has ever seen and it is in great shape with a clean title. Not sure why you'd assume otherwise.

IMG_20201111_164958.jpg

IMG_20201111_164913.jpg

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fighting a widespread known safety defect in court, losing, and being forced to pay out is not in any way “standing behind your product”. Where do you come up with this nonsense...

Through the paperwork they sent me.

:33:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know look for southern states in mid south. I am sure dealers in Texas will give you a fair price for it

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called both my local dealers today about selling my 2017 Gen2 with 49k miles and they wouldn't even make me an offer. The truck is in great condition. One of the dealers said he had one sitting on his lot an no one is even looking at it. According to him they are "cold" right now. I'm kind of shocked given what others have been saying.

Vroom quoted me $43k but I'm worried about selling to them with all the bad reviews. Carvana was only $36k. Had it posted for private party sale and got no offers.

Thats sounds good and about right for a SCAB. I have a 2017 SCREW with same miles and my original dealer offering me $52k sight unseen on a trade (after I make my best deal). I was happy with that trade in value, but nothing out there I would rather have right now.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just joined recently because I was shocked to see that dealers in my area don't want raptors and wanted to ask others what they are seeing and put out a warning. I've been on other raptor forums since this truck was just a rumor.

I'm in Ann Arbor, MI. Call any of the dealers I'm my area yourself if you don't believe me.

I special ordered my Gen2 from my dealer when they first launched. I'm the only owner this truck has ever seen and it is in great shape with a clean title. Not sure why you'd assume otherwise.

View attachment 159731

View attachment 159732

Dealer lots are slim pickings in south FL. I’m sure they would pay decently for your truck and resell it well marked up.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats sounds good and about right for a SCAB. I have a 2017 SCREW with same miles and my original dealer offering me $52k sight unseen on a trade (after I make my best deal). I was happy with that trade in value, but nothing out there I would rather have right now.

my ‘18 was totaled front end nailed by girl running red light & had a bunch of mods, 34k miles & thought I’d get waxed by ins co in value....nope, wound up w/ $68,800 - more than what I paid for the thing brand new including the tax & that even covered all my $3k worth of mods lol this happened on Halloween of this year.

I had receipts for any mods/work, but other thing is ins co acknowledged very little inventory, truck stopped being produced, & used versions selling for near new price, new ones mostly had ADM advertised.....so they really did me right

long story short I drove EVERYTHING in the truck world 1/2 ton & HD nothing else did it for me wound up paying $1k off MSRP for another new LF 2020 screw Raptor- like you said nothing else really did it for me all around best combo of utility/performance/looks/exclusivity/luxury/reliability/resale/size - checks a lot of damn boxes lol

and - I owned my ‘18 outright so I was hitting dealer lots w/ $70k burning a hole in my pocket & a wifey who said “get what you want I don’t wanna hear you complaining” - so pretty much anything was on the table

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my ‘18 was totaled front end nailed by girl running red light & had a bunch of mods, 34k miles & thought I’d get waxed by ins co in value....nope, wound up w/ $68,800 - more than what I paid for the thing brand new including the tax & that even covered all my $3k worth of mods lol this happened on Halloween of this year.

I had receipts for any mods/work, but other thing is ins co acknowledged very little inventory, truck stopped being produced, & used versions selling for near new price, new ones mostly had ADM advertised.....so they really did me right

long story short I drove EVERYTHING in the truck world 1/2 ton & HD nothing else did it for me wound up paying $1k off MSRP for another new LF 2020 screw Raptor- like you said nothing else really did it for me all around best combo of utility/performance/looks/exclusivity/luxury/reliability/resale/size - checks a lot of damn boxes lol

and - I owned my ‘18 outright so I was hitting dealer lots w/ $70k burning a hole in my pocket & a wifey who said “get what you want I don’t wanna hear you complaining” - so pretty much anything was on the table

You have a very good insurance company, who was it with if you do not mind me asking. Most insurance companies would be looking for a way to spend 40k rebuilding your truck.