Gen 2 Raptors values starting to climb.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They didn’t replace frames voluntarily. They were forced to after they lost the class action lawsuit.

Sneaky boogers...

“We want our customers to have a great ownership experience, so we are pleased to resolve this litigation in a way that benefits them and demonstrates that we stand behind the quality and reliability of our vehicles,” Toyota said in a statement.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless the Raptor is a spare vehicle, you don't win if the price of it's replacement is also sky high. And then there's the hassle to go through, and at the end of it all, you're driving something that isn't nearly as much fun.

absolutely agree. If I did it, I'd be going down to one vehicle for a year or so. Then I'd perhaps get the Gen3.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right the Gen 2 values have been holding steady. Mine according to KBB is worth the same or a little more than I paid for it. I have owned it 9 months and put 8500 miles on it.
Values will hold even when the gen 3 comes out! Every dealer will be charging a 10k adm for at least a year. Also gen 3 msrp will increase
I have a feeling when the Gen 3s come out then our values will drop. The new F150 tech is Tesla worthy.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 will hold value just like gen 1! When gen 3 comes out it will be a solid year before you can buy at a reasonable price ( dealers will be charging 10-15k addendum ) also msrp will increase making a gen 2 used a good value

Same thing happened when gen 2 was released. You could not buy at msrp anywhere for at lease a year

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 will hold value just like gen 1! When gen 3 comes out it will be a solid year before you can buy at a reasonable price ( dealers will be charging 10-15k addendum ) also msrp will increase making a gen 2 used a good value

Same thing happened when gen 2 was released. You could not buy at msrp anywhere for at lease a year

This is exactly what I'm expecting to see as well. Aren't the rumors suggesting that the MSRP is going to have a healthy increase? If so, the gen 2 Raptor market will remain strong.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless the Raptor is a spare vehicle, you don't win if the price of it's replacement is also sky high. And then there's the hassle to go through, and at the end of it all, you're driving something that isn't nearly as much fun.
You nailed this one. Even if I could make $5k selling mine, then what? Mine is my DD, plus I know what I’ve got. I could wait for a Gen3, but what’s the price gonna be on those, $85k?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think we touched on all the points that will be true.

Gen 3 will be a costlier vehicle and between the ADM’s and availability it will put them through the roof for a long while.

Sell your Gen 2 now, cash in,
Wait and wait for a Gen 3. And what drive a damn Prius and hate yourself everyday for it as this is now your new DD? Lol

I like mine too much and staying with it for a while. Can’t make any decisions on something that’s an unknown.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we touched on all the points that will be true.

Gen 3 will be a costlier vehicle and between the ADM’s and availability it will put them through the roof for a long while.

Sell your Gen 2 now, cash in,
Wait and wait for a Gen 3. And what drive a damn Prius and hate yourself everyday for it as this is now your new DD? Lol

I like mine too much and staying with it for a while. Can’t make any decisions on something that’s an unknown.
Lol @ buying a Prius

CDC59533-A381-4DF6-8342-9763000DDF29.jpeg