Gen 1 Raptor vs. Tundra TRD Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now share price dictates quality and reliability? By your reasoning, Tesla’s $300+ per share stock price means their quality and reliability is over 4 times that of Toyota. That is a baseless and ridiculous comparison, there is no correlation.

Your “bet” is not based on anecdotal evidence, not fact. In other words, it means nothing. Plenty of Tundra buyers “bet” that their vehicles would be reliable, only to be faced with cam tower leaks, AIP failures, and rusted frames - costing them tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. In many cases the frame replacements ($15,000 - $20,000) were more than the vehicle was worth. Toyota refused to issue a recall for the frame rust, so a a class action lawsuit was filed and Toyota lost, as they should have, costing the company $3.4 Billion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-toyota-settlement-idUSKBN1370PE

What is your definition of success? Making huge profits selling worst in class antiquated products based on a farce? Paying off owners to keep quiet about defects and signing non-disclosure agreements? Avoiding product defects until they become class action lawsuits? Putting American and Canadian workers out of high paying jobs?

Toyota posts record profits because Japan manipulates their currency. The exchange rate can result in an additional profit of $3000 on a $30k car. In addition, all of their North American plants employ low wage non-union workers. That amounts to thousands of dollars in extra profit per vehicle compared with American companies, which puts them at an unfair and unethical advantage.

You can learn about it here:

https://www.epi.org/publication/trans-pacific-partnership-currency-manipulation-trade-and-jobs/

It’s pretty ignorant to make assumptions without knowing the facts. See explanation above.

I highly doubt the originator of the thread was not looking for speculation or “bets”. Which is all you have provided. The Tundra is not a “great truck” for the reasons posted earlier in the thread. The crash and durability test results speak for themselves; the Tundra is poorly engineered and unsafe compared to it’s competition. A “great truck” does not cause severe injuries to it’s occupants in a standard offset crash nor have a structure so weak that the bed touches the body in a basic durability test.

People argue all day about who makes the best truck; GM, Ford, or Ram. They are all safe, well engineered competitive products. The Tundra and Titan - both of which received horrible crash test ratings and reviews - are not class competitive in any way; they simply exist to steal a small chunk of market share from those misinformed or ignorant enough to buy them. Recommending either product to a potential buyer is doing them a huge disservice.

You're funny. Maybe you should take all of your data to the NTSB or better yet the newspaper. And then short stock in Toyota. The reason Teslas stock is high has nothing to do with reliability. You got that part right. It's high because of market POTENTIAL and the fact that it is a relatively new company and on the forefront of innovation. The exact reason all of the other car manufacturers are chasing them in trying to produce all eccentric vehicles. Toyota's stock on the other hand is based on YEARS or should I say DECADES of producing proven products. And also exactly the reason they can sell antiquated technology in todays marketplace. The farther along this thread goes the more I start to see the picture being painted here... are you next going to tell me that the Lock Ness monster was eaten by Bigfoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're funny. Maybe you should take all of your data to the NTSB or better yet the newspaper. And then short stock in Toyota. The reason Teslas stock is high has nothing to do with reliability. You got that part right. It's high because of market POTENTIAL and the fact that it is a relatively new company and on the forefront of innovation. The exact reason all of the other car manufacturers are chasing them in trying to produce all eccentric vehicles. Toyota's stock on the other hand is based on YEARS or should I say DECADES of producing proven products. And also exactly the reason they can sell antiquated technology in todays marketplace. The farther along this thread goes the more I start to see the picture being painted here... are you next going to tell me that the Lock Ness monster was eaten by Bigfoot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing funny about it. I provided the data with sources, you ignore it and continue run your mouth with anecdotal evidence. The Toyota defects I posted have already been investigated by NHTSA...not NTSB. In the unintended acceleration case Toyota was found guilty of covering up the defect to protect their profits and reputation and were forced to pay a $1 BILLION fine. Anyone who shrugs that off - in addition to the $3.4 BILLION Class Action Rust Lawsuit and countless other multi-billion dollar lawsuits and settlements - is an ignorant and blind follower...just as I said earlier.

Everything you've said has been speculation or just flat out wrong. Correlating stock price with vehicle reliability is comical, you obviously know nothing about the stock market nor the automotive industry. Don't bother posting if all you're going to do is mislead people with false information.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CanadianRaptorVL any idea which route you’re headed? There’s 2 types on this forum FYI. Those of us who use the truck for its intended purpose, and street queens with opinions but no real experience with the truck off road. I’m pretty sure you can tell the difference between the 2. Street queens don’t know shit and will act like it compares to any other on road truck. Those who use it know there is no comparison. Ceramic coating, blow off valves, and forscan mods are gay. Suspension upgrades and anything that makes it more Offroad capable make sense.

If it’s a just a daily driving mall crawling Starbucks getter don’t bother. No one cares about a Raptor with fog lights.

Save your money and buy the Tundra, lift it get some 20’s, and get a personalized plate that says bro something.

OP
OP
CanadianRaptorVL
Reaction score
@CanadianRaptorVL any idea which route you’re headed? There’s 2 types on this forum FYI. Those of us who use the truck for its intended purpose, and street queens with opinions but no real experience with the truck off road. I’m pretty sure you can tell the difference between the 2. Street queens don’t know shit and will act like it compares to any other on road truck. Those who use it know there is no comparison. Ceramic coating, blow off valves, and forscan mods are gay. Suspension upgrades and anything that makes it more Offroad capable make sense.

If it’s a just a daily driving mall crawling Starbucks getter don’t bother. No one cares about a Raptor with fog lights.

Save your money and buy the Tundra, lift it get some 20’s, and get a personalized plate that says bro something.

This truck will be replacing my old work truck so it’ll do mostly everything. I live up in Canada so definitely no deserts but I do work in agriculture (farming equipment) and also run seasonal hunting/fishing trips around the country and some of the trails in BC and Alaska can get pretty rough, not an extreme off-roader though and 70% will be highway/dirt road miles (nothing my Superduty couldn’t handle). As for upgrades, grill guard and a rear facing bar light are a must but other than that, thinking of keeping it stock until something breaks. I hope to keep this truck for years to come as a daily driver so I’ll be taking good care of it.

Reliability is important to me because I’m usually out in the middle of nowhere miles from anything so obviously don’t want to get stranded too often.

Last edited: