Fox 3.0 Remotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I posted a while back about the horrible rattle that I am getting from the back of my truck. I am running the new Fox 3.0s with Icon Springs. I sounds like the bed is coming off when going over washboard areas, pot holes, or manholes. My guy here seems to think that the bolt used in the shock tower is too small and that is where the noise is coming from. I know this has been discussed before but I can’t find it in the search. This is driving me so crazy that I am about ready to put the stock suspension back on.

Thanks for the info.

MMakino

Reaction score
I am assuming you’re running bypass shocks, right? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds you’re hearing the bypass check valves on your rear shocks working. The bypass tubes allow fluid to bypass the piston depending on where the shock is in its stroke and the check valves regulate that fluid. Not much you can do about that.

OP
OP
Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you’re running bypass shocks, right? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds you’re hearing the bypass check valves on your rear shocks working. The bypass tubes allow fluid to bypass the piston depending on where the shock is in its stroke and the check valves regulate that fluid. Not much you can do about that.

It is not the bypass valves. It sounds like my bed is falling off. It is a loud “fast” rattle. Someone else posted about this problem not long ago but I can’t find it.

dubya_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try the following in no particular order:

Make sure spare tire is nice and snug ( don't want it rubbing on your axle either)

Check torque settings on leaf springs, shackles, and u bolts

Check torque settings on wheels

Check torque settings on bed bolts.

Slap on the rear factory shocks if you have them. It took me 30 minutes last time I did that. This will also give you a chance to see if there is any play in the bolts. I would
be pretty confident in the assumption that the aftermarket shocks will share the same bolt eye diameter that the factory shocks have. Maybe a wrong bolt was used?

My rear bypasses are loud. But they are predictable in the sense that I kinda know when they're gonna "click" depending on the terrain.

Last but not least, take the bed off.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a picture of your parking brake line where it meets the driver side leaf. I have a feeling it's doing the same thing mine is. Stock leaf with 2 inch loft block allows the parking brake lines to go underneath the leaf. Mine is now constantly smacking it. I have an idea to fix it though.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The parking brake lines here smack against the leafs. I'm looking to make a mount that rotates and keeps it away from the leafs...

20190510_100557.jpg

Viper01

Reaction score
It is not the bypass valves. It sounds like my bed is falling off. It is a loud “fast” rattle. Someone else posted about this problem not long ago but I can’t find it.
My back end does the exact same thing ever since I installed Icon leafs option #2.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I am glad my truck is pretty darn quiet, some squeaks here and there but I will hit those with grease when it happens and seems to help for a while.... Hope you figure it out, would drive me nuts too.

Viper01

Reaction score
D2911349-0C63-478B-9EB4-E9F5DBA51A42.jpeg I noticed one of the TMX guys said to use this on the leaf springs. Supposedly works really well without dust/dirt sticking to the springs.