Fox 3.0 Remotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrrw

Reaction score
Just installed the 3.0 suspension on my gen 1 raptor. The truck was quiet and rode like a luxury suv before the switch. I bought them for an upgrade and that was a mistake. The ride is rough and if I hit the smallest pot hole or sewer cap the front coil overs sound like they are not bolted in place and the rear shocks sound like they have marbles inside them. I have talked directly to Fox about this and they tell me the rear noise is how it is supposed to sound as they are bypass shocks. They say the front should not make any noise unless it is low on nitrogen. They are brand new and I only drove the truck a few times. I re torqued all of the bolts with my mechaninc to double check everything, all is at spec. For the cost of this setup I wanted something quiet and smooth or at least better than stock. It is awful and embarassing how loud the suspension is on my truck. My girfriend, who knows nothing about trucks or mechaical systems was even alarmed by the horrific sound of this suspension. If anyone has and solutions let me know. I may just have the originals rebuilt and use them so I can have my quiet truck back.

Last edited:

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have gotten lucky! My 3.0's aren't any louder than stock. They're smooth and quiet. At slow speeds or if im stopped I get a clicking from them when turning the steering wheel but thats all.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just installed the 3.0 suspension on my gen 1 raptor. The truck was the quiet and rode like a luxury suv before the switch. I bought them for an upgrade and that was a mistake. The ride is rough and if I hit the smallest pot hole or sewer cap the front coil overs sound like they are not bolted in place and the rear shocks sound like they have marbles inside them. I have talked directly to Fox about this and they tell me the rear noise is how it is supposed to sound as they are bypass shocks. They say the front should not make any noise unless it is low on nitrogen. They are brand new and I only drove the truck a few times. I re torqued all of the bolts with my mechaninc to double check everything, all is at spec. For the cost of this setup I wanted something quiet and smooth or at least better than stock. It is awful and embarassing how loud the suspension is on my truck. My girfriend, who knows nothing about trucks or mechaical systems was even alarmed by the horrific sound of this suspension. If anyone has and solutions let me know. I may just have the originals rebuilt and use them so I can have my quiet truck back.
I know a guy who would gladly trade

Andrrw

Reaction score
I must have gotten lucky! My 3.0's aren't any louder than stock. They're smooth and quiet. At slow speeds or if im stopped I get a clicking from them when turning the steering wheel but thats all.

Wow! I am shocked that yours are quiet. Happy for you though.