Fox 3.0 Remotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there 3 settings? I think I’m on 2nd setting too. It’s an annoying as heck!!!!
You would know if you are on option 2. You had to take apart the leafs. Also mines not really the leafs that is loud. It's the parking brake line smacking the leaf packs...

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Sounds like a horrid metallic rattle when driving over even the smallest bumps.
I thought for sure it was my trailer hitch, but its not. So far I tried:
-Removing trailer hitch
-Shimming the exhaust tip (thinking it may have been banging against the bedside)
-Torquing down the catback exhaust bolts
-Shaking and banging every segment of the exhaust to see if a hanger or something is making contact
-groping every inch of her underside (ya I went there) to find anything loose
-Even put my dad in the bed of the truck while I drove it to try to help locate the rattle (couldn't)

The only thing loose is what looks like a brake line next to the leaf.
I'm guessing maybe the leafs have had it?

As soon as my forged offroad rebuilt shocks get in I'll get those in and check torque on the leaf spring bolts. See if it goes away. Iunno

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I finally got the chance to take my truck back up to Northridge 4X4 in Salt Lake to have them diagnose the rattles that are driving me crazy. After a lot of driving and trouble shooting we finally found the problem! Several people on here said what it was and they were CORRECT! It is the External Bypass and according to Fox that is completely normal. It is suppose to sound like “nuts and bolts shaking around” is what the customer service guy said. I am sorry but I don't like the sound of nuts & bolts shaking around in a coffee can when I am driving around town.

Needless to say this isn’t the smartest decision Ive made because my Raptor is one of those “Pavement Princess’s” that’s driven by an old washed up *****. I have to admit I will be taking them off and they will be for sale. They have not even been off reading one time. In fact they have only seen a gravel road for about 200 yards and that is it.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I finally got the chance to take my truck back up to Northridge 4X4 in Salt Lake to have them diagnose the rattles that are driving me crazy. After a lot of driving and trouble shooting we finally found the problem! Several people on here said what it was and they were CORRECT! It is the External Bypass and according to Fox that is completely normal. It is suppose to sound like “nuts and bolts shaking around” is what the customer service guy said. I am sorry but I don't like the sound of nuts & bolts shaking around in a coffee can when I am driving around town.

Needless to say this isn’t the smartest decision Ive made because my Raptor is one of those “Pavement Princess’s” that’s driven by an old washed up *****. I have to admit I will be taking them off and they will be for sale. They have not even been off reading one time. In fact they have only seen a gravel road for about 200 yards and that is it.

That’s great you figured it out. Just curious, why did you even change out the shocks if your truck is a mall crawler?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

If you would like to keep them,
Send them our way and we will revalve.. Set Bypass tubes and QUIET them down A LOT.

OP
OP
Cuzin Eddie

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s great you figured it out. Just curious, why did you even change out the shocks if your truck is a mall crawler?

I still haven’t figured that out! My buddy is the manager of Northridge and I got them on the Black Friday Sale and bought myself a stupid gift! It’s funny you should call it a “Mall Crawler” because I own a Jewelry Store located outside the mall and its always parked in the mall parking lot!