Ford refuses warrenty because dealer does not want to do the work!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad things are moving forward...Sometimes you just need to keep pushing...

Good luck...I did not mean to think you would take advantage of his home info...just had to say it so...Now Busa would probably send his wife dirty pictures or something....

Keep us all posted.

Fred
hey now, whats wrong with dirty pictures?

op i would take your truck to the most expensive paint shop, and flip the bill to the dealership who wouldnt help you

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have started to deal again so I will hold off on posting their info till I have an outcome. I will post the outcome and weather the dealer redeamed them self or not. Probably not but gotto give them a chance.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have started to deal again so I will hold off on posting their info till I have an outcome. I will post the outcome and weather the dealer redeamed them self or not. Probably not but gotto give them a chance.
thats noble of you. a second chance is worth almost anything in my view. i hope they are the same

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer today. They said they would be happy to do the paperwork on the warranty repair but after that any paint warranty issues will be between me Ford Canada and the private body shop. They were never in the warranty for the paint and they are being forced to do the paper work. He then said that it will take about a week to get it all aranged and that they were told the warranty will not be denied.

I also got a call from Ford motor company presidents office for the emails that I sent to the list that Fred sent me and they were calling to inform me that they would be over seeing the entire claim untill it is finished.

Looks like after a year of fighting I am finally getting it painted. It is all about the Dealer if you have a good one you have no problems have a lazy one and you better be ready to fight. Ford needs to slap the shit out of their dealers.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford's warranty policy is such a joke. I know I might get flamed for this but GM is much better about warranty stuff. I had to take my truck to a few dealers just to get my cv shaft fixed. Some just refused to do it. Finally found one that would. Good luck, keep us posted.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer today. They said they would be happy to do the paperwork on the warranty repair but after that any paint warranty issues will be between me Ford Canada and the private body shop. They were never in the warranty for the paint and they are being forced to do the paper work. He then said that it will take about a week to get it all aranged and that they were told the warranty will not be denied.

I also got a call from Ford motor company presidents office for the emails that I sent to the list that Fred sent me and they were calling to inform me that they would be over seeing the entire claim untill it is finished.

Looks like after a year of fighting I am finally getting it painted. It is all about the Dealer if you have a good one you have no problems have a lazy one and you better be ready to fight. Ford needs to slap the shit out of their dealers.

Glad things are working out for you...sorry you had to p,ay around for a year...but better late than never...

Fred

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the dealer has never looked at the Truck and now has put in the request not on what they were told it needs but on the pictures that they seen. Problem can't photograph all the problem areas. Have to stand on the hood to reach some. So i'm back to fightingwith Ford to have them send someone credible to look at the truck. not just paint the front fenders and door jams. lets not forget the cab roof.