How Does Service Typically Work For Warrantied Raptors? (New Ford Owner)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have very good luck with my local ford dealership "repair and quick lane" after 15 years using them.
i do pretty much everything there(tires,winshield,general maintenance)try to be nice,for xmas buy some chocolate etc..
recently my intrument panel was acting weird,drop offthe truck,2 hours later call me need a new panel,they order it,2 days later truck was ready.warranty paid for it for a 2019.yes they contract some jobs out,if u are a good customer they take care of you.(reason change tires there)
sale department suck,want $ 15 000 for a new raptor.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow I must be lucky. I have a Ford/Lincoln dealer that does excellent work, comes out and listens to every single issue on my laundry list of things, fixes every one of them, and gives me a Lincoln to drive around anytime I bring either of my two Fords in.

I didn't even purchase there. I'm just a normal dude off the street.

The other three dealers that I pass to get to them all blow though.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the big city dealers that are the problem?
My small town dealer lacks any and all competence. Terrible service departments from every Ford dealer I’ve been to in northern NV, UT, and southern ID.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your stealership. From my mustang days I use to go to ford of Kendall. They were always mod friendly as they had several ON3 turbo kit and centi mustangs. They were great with my cam phasers and hard shifting issue. Always gave me a loaner. It was a loaner from enterprise so oddly enough they gave me a suburban, but still.

All depends on the dealer you pick and their ability to not only fix but be that actual helping hand.

NetoBR

Reaction score
In Austin/TX I took my 22 F150 Platinum to my local and they've been ok but after reading others I can see maybe they're good. Let's see now that got my 21 Raptor that needs a lot of updates on the Sync 4

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worst part of it is the diagnostic fee. If you take it in there with what you think is a warranty repair, and they just say nah, it isn’t because of XYZ. You’re out the 150 bucks and a wasted day. I get why the diagnostic fee exists, but be damn sure it’s under warranty first. Having a completely stock truck helps with this.

mobilefordtechjosh

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s not a one size fits all for dealership experience. So for some of you to mis lead people with a bunch of garbage. That is just dis tasteful, unfortunately as a Ford technician a lot of the ball dropping is done by inexperienced Advisors. Not caring to note or listen to a customer. I’ve learned over time it’s in my best interest to talk directly with the customers and see what the issues are. It helps tremendously with avoiding, mis communication and mis diagnosis. Which would result in repeat repairs and visits which is inconvenient for both the tech and customer. My advice to you as a consumer. Change your Oil every 5k use full synthetic oil with a Ford filter. Keep track of everything if you do it your self. Stay away from Quick lane’s and jiffy lube etc. build a relationship with a tech and a solid advisor. If you have a solid relationship with them and bring your vehicles to them. They will take care of you!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I mean... not for nothing, but these stories are straight from FRF- you are free to search for them yourself. Sadly, a good tech and the dealership is the exception now, and not the norm. The number of ’17-early ’18 oil pan repairs that went south because the techs just couldn’t or wouldn’t follow the repair procedure are LEGION - again, searchable, right here on FRF.
Are we painting stealerships with a broad brush?

200.gif

Have stealership service departments across the USA earned this bad rap?

200.gif

Are we bitter?
yeah... a bit.

It’s like the pride in workmanship has degraded. In the late 90’s, I lived 3 houses from a Ford stealership - bought my ’01 Lightning there. but before that they worked on 2 of my Mustangs. 2 techs were regulars at Budd’s Creek and regularly wrenched for other drag racers and they helped me out on many a mod. They were a small, independent dealer and got bought by a bigger one but the techs remained and I eventually moved out. I definitely missed them and never found as solid a relationship.

I’ve had mixed results and have been lowering my expectations since. STILL WAY better than tire shops and fly by night, quickie maintenance places though.

If your local to Northern VA and need Ford dealership service. Give me a shout

Where were you 5 years ago... I mean I wasn’t too awful far from Ourisman, but who knew there was mobile service?
You should make a post, lots of southern MD and NoVA FRF and I’d bet they’d rather work with another FRF.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter