New Raptor owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmcpolo

Reaction score
Purchased a used 2020 Raptor last week. 802A package and is otherwise stock with 49,000 miles. Honestly, nothing needs to change. Love it so far except I am experiencing IWE issues. I do have a 125,000 mile warranty so I'll run in 4A until dealer can fix properly. Service appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I did post a question yesterday and was reminded I didn't follow protocol and do an intro. Apologies.

Recent convert from Chevy. Had a 2021 Silverado Trail Boss I bought new that suffered lifter collapse and bent rods at 20,700 miles. Chevy will only warranty fix the side that had lifter failure even though they know it is only a matter of time until the other side fails. Dealer did the half fix and I drove it to a Ford dealer the following day and bought the Raptor.

Anyway, glad to be a new member and looking forward to learning from everyone. Do all my own maintenance work mostly, build and ride motorcycles and fly airplanes.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-6210.jpg
    IMG-6210.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

did you try the IWE check valve replacement - it’s a small round device by the brake master cylinder in the engine bay with vacuum lines in and out. Easy, common and inexpensive thing to try if you haven’t already.

OP
OP
cmcpolo

cmcpolo

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

did you try the IWE check valve replacement - it’s a small round device by the brake master cylinder in the engine bay with vacuum lines in and out. Easy, common and inexpensive thing to try if you haven’t already.
I didn’t yet. I already have the newer blue tipped check valve and popped it out yesterday and it appears to hold a vacuum. I hooked a mityvac to the vacuum side and it held. So, figured I’d just wait and see what the dealer says tomorrow. Assuming I get the “we are unable to duplicate”, I’ll replace the check valve piece and the solenoid first. My issue is intermittent. I only get grinding at low speeds and once in a while.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check by the hubs, there should be a small hose coming to the top, make sure theyre plugged in tight and maybe even follow along it as best you can too see if theres any cuts/tears.
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius

this first though, also could try replacing the solenoid which is right next to the check valve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter