Ford refuses warrenty because dealer does not want to do the work!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has refused to fix my 2011 Raptor because the dealership doesn't want to do the work. So Ford Canada sais there is nothing we can do for you. This has been going on for over a year now. :banghead: This is supposed to be black and there are these spots all over the truck.

Attachments

• Left Headlight (3) A.jpg
    Left Headlight (3) A.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 342
OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been to 2 dealers called the President of Ford Canada (both of them) and had Ford Customer service trying to find some one to paint it but no dealer wants to do the work. Customer service agrees there is a problem but won't do anything more because the dealers all within 400 Kilometers of my home refuse to do the work. Just don't know what to say.

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting the Canadian Automobile Arbitration Plan (in Canada that is the Lemon Law) right now time for court.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

that is the underside of the fender above the head light. The paint hase been missed and you are seeing the primer not the entire rest of the truck if you hold a light to it you see grey primer showing through. Had the paint thickness measured it was less than 2mils in most areas, the thickest was just oner 4 mils. This includes primer, paint and clear. The paint shops that have looked at it said anything less than 5mils is unacceptable as you willl see the primer. I don't know mush about this but I do know you can see primer all over my truck.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting the Canadian Automobile Arbitration Plan (in Canada that is the Lemon Law) right now time for court.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

that is the underside of the fender above the head light. The paint hase been missed and you are seeing the primer not the entire rest of the truck if you hold a light to it you see grey primer showing through. Had the paint thickness measured it was less than 2mils in most areas, the thickest was just oner 4 mils. This includes primer, paint and clear. The paint shops that have looked at it said anything less than 5mils is unacceptable as you willl see the primer. I don't know mush about this but I do know you can see primer all over my truck.

Wow. That's unacceptable. You have a claim in my eyes....Good luck

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some other spots that have no paint just primer (door step) and one that you can see the primer showing through (fender Vent)

Attachments

• Left Rear Door Step (4).jpg
    Left Rear Door Step (4).jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Left Frt Fender Vent (3) A (800x450).jpg
    Left Frt Fender Vent (3) A (800x450).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 195