Fl state troopers not a fan of rigid industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
yep. same here in MB. offroad lights gotta be covered when not in use (aka, on public roads)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my new dualies whenever I can. With that said, I would hope that a cop pulls me over if I am driving around without any reguard for other drivers. Not hating at all.

OP
OP
coleboyd711

coleboyd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a poll, I bet 90% of us have run our lights on the road when we can get away with it.

Thank you!!!

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Watch out. In ontario use of off road lights on a public road can lead to a huge fine and even roadside vehicle seisure. Read up the ontario highway act.
Also it says light covers are manditory but noone ever bothered me about that.
But i did almost get in shit for running 2 pairs of amber d2 downtown. Got away with a warning so i dont run em anymore

I use the duallys an 10 inch bar on my dads superduty all the time never been hassled...

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cops have seen me running my Rigid dual 4" lights in the city all the time, I forget them on day and night, guess they are not bright enough to bother plus they are pointed downwards and don't shine in anyone's eyes.

OP
OP
coleboyd711

coleboyd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick around the Z is too boring! I cant see for crap on unlit roads at night and use my Rigids when necessary, just don't use the big one unless your off road and the others use them like brights, flick them off as soon as you see someone coming.

I flick them off too! Like i said the guy came flying over a little hill by the time i reached to turn em off was passed already

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Cops have seen me running my Rigid dual 4" lights in the city all the time, I forget them on day and night, guess they are not bright enough to bother plus they are pointed downwards and don't shine in anyone's eyes.

When i first got the duallys in the grill i ran around with them on just to see an passed about 4 cops, nobody cared just the big one people care about

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

using that much light on road isnt needed, and WILL affect other drivers. no matter how many lanes it is.

not smart, and not very nice to other people on the road. you say there was no one else, obviously there was or you wouldnt of been pulled over ;)

The main reason for being pulled over was speeding, he commented on the lights first though.... Btw i wasn't even driving haha i was half asleep in the passenger seat

Last edited:

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was no other motorist bud. Even if there was it was a 6 lane hwy with a centre median that was probably 100ft so not like it would even affect them, the cop poped up outa nowhere (like they always do)

I guess i just gota stop posting on this dam forum cuz i got people hating on me everyday lol time to join the forum"Z" i guess....

You meanies better quit pickin on these new fellas... or I'm telling lol. CB it's best ya learn it now that if you have on blinding lightbars and someone wrecks and is severely injured or dies - you are liable and will get sued for everything you will ever have. So yeah, don't do it! Smaller lower lights ok but off when you see other lights approaching just like high beams. Drive friendly. No worries.

Nobody's hatin on ya! It's the FRF way. SnarkySnide comments. Poke a little fun. Lot of equal opportunity offenders here... Most of us are guys and we are used to smackin each other around some.

Stick around. We've got plenty of younger forum members who find there way while growing some thicker scrotal skin. Sure beats falling asleep over at that boring place known as the Zzzzzzzzzz......

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime I see no other cars in sight... bam. On they come.

If I see anyone coming I def flip them off as soon as I even see the glare of their headlights.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of M&R fogs that I run all the time, even in the day, because they look so effin awesome :). I don't run my 30" / 40" behind grille LED bars on the streets unless someone cuts me off in traffic, than they get the Light Treatment for a second. I have been know to turn them on at 5AM leaving to work with no one around , but once I hit the highway, they go off.

OP
OP
coleboyd711

coleboyd711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im the same way, no one gets it i guess i shoulda put this in my first story but the lights were only on for less than a minute. I was just showing my dad (who was driving) how much light out put they give because he only has a little baby 10 inch bar on his super duty. The road had a slight curve an hill which is where the cop came flying over and it had been a long day for me was kinda half asleep so i was a bit slow realizing there was a car coming an to get them off,

The funny part is that i am getting a 50 inch on the roof whenever the n-fab mounts come in and i think im going to end up ordering covers to go on it so i dont have this problem again even if i wanted to turn it on for a few seconds.
Pretty sad though like almost 2grand on a big light bar just mainly for looks hahahaha