Fl state troopers not a fan of rigid industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my 40" everyday as long as there are no cars. I even run it during the day in super heavy fog so other vehicles can see me from farther than 30' away

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
lol thanks for the video. nice to see they are so bright.

Buddy back roads in texas LMAO. you really need to get up to the real north. BACK ROADS here consist of anything like.... gravel for 3 km..... mud for a while.... more smart car sized ruts.... then a bit of frozen mud pits you just fall through ect ect ect...

You dont have bears and moose and drunk natives drifting their shitboxes 120 through a corner following a drunk logger followin a drunk guy in a grader .... you dont have ice patches that will make you fly off the road in .2 seconds...

Ive lived in texas and been all over texas on road trips... all there is dirt, dirt more dirt some mud and a bit more dirt....

Banned
Reaction score

Buddy back roads in texas LMAO. you really need to get up to the real north. BACK ROADS here consist of anything like.... gravel for 3 km..... mud for a while.... more smart car sized ruts.... then a bit of frozen mud pits you just fall through ect ect ect...

You dont have bears and moose and drunk natives drifting their shitboxes 120 through a corner following a drunk logger followin a drunk guy in a grader .... you dont have ice patches that will make you fly off the road in .2 seconds...

Ive lived in texas and been all over texas on road trips... all there is dirt, dirt more dirt some mud and a bit more dirt....

Hahaha perfect description of a back road lmao. Especially the drunk native part. And lots of em around me a raptor wouldn't even fit. Their so narrow in the hills. Overgrown with trees, etc. look like trails you see in YouTube videos.

Last edited:

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Now I may lack on the ice side but everything else is spot on in my part of Texas. There are some gravel roads that are well kept and wide but the majority I drive on are just wide enough for on vehicle and dirt with gravel here and there with long deep ruts..these roads go on for miles and miles. Not to mention the county roads in Haskell I drive from well to well that don't even have gravel just dirt where drunk pumpers drive..not to mention the oil field roads I drive

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Oh yeah, we dont have bears and moose but we have deer and hogs lol

Banned
Reaction score
lol ya. worst part is they seize up while driving like dumb deer when they see a raptor....

Lmao. Watching ice road truckers last year when Hugh and Rick were in Manitoba, there was a native stuck off the side of a winter road, just plastered outta his mind. Just laughed and said "yep, sounds about right" when I saw that haha

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You are right. There is no comparison. Here in Texas, we dont deal with all the winter BS you guys up north have to. Its not even close. Although we have drunk natives, aliens on the run, and drug runners who want to jack your ride and leave you dead on the road, the worst animal issue you can have here is a stray cow here and there. Our whitetail deer are rather small bodied, so hitting them isnt like hitting a moose or elk. You might do damage to your truck, but hitting a moose is down right deadly. I hit a hog at about 90 on I-10 going through west Texas, and it didnt even leave a mark, although they can get to about 300 pounds in Texas.

Now where the oil field boom is going on here like a previous guy said is flat dangerous. Our traffic fatality rate went from 22 fatalities in Dimmitt County in 2008 to 205 in 2012. The big rig traffic has torn the roads up so bad that there is no longer room to drive in two directions on many, and an 18 wheeler fully loaded doesnt flinch when playing chicken. Thats why I own a raptor, so I can safely go completely off the road at speed as I am a road contractor trying to scramble to fix all these roads. They literally get torn up a week after we rebuild them.

But, you guys need more lights, we need more guns and less traffic.:killer:

Last edited:

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. There is no comparison. Here in Texas, we dont deal with all the winter BS you guys up north have to. Its not even close. Although we have drunk natives, aliens on the run, and drug runners who want to jack your ride and leave you dead on the road, the worst animal issue you can have here is a stray cow here and there. Our whitetail deer are rather small bodied, so hitting them isnt like hitting a moose or elk. You might do damage to your truck, but hitting a moose is down right deadly. I hit a hog at about 90 on I-10 going through west Texas, and it didnt even leave a mark, although they can get to about 300 pounds in Texas.

Now where the oil field boom is going on here like a previous guy said is flat dangerous. Our traffic fatality rate went from 22 fatalities in Dimmitt County in 2008 to 205 in 2012. The big rig traffic has torn the roads up so bad that there is no longer room to drive in two directions on many, and an 18 wheeler fully loaded doesnt flinch when playing chicken. Thats why I own a raptor, so I can safely go completely off the road at speed as I am a road contractor trying to scramble to fix all these roads. They literally get torn up a week after we rebuild them.

But, you guys need more lights, we need more guns and less traffic.:killer:

no kidding, everytime i visit some family that live in south san juan city limits, bound to see all sorts of "alien" activity at night...lol