eBay Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this could be a killer deal if it’s better than factory (I would assume it will be much better) having said that. Can anyone answer two questions for me - first, will I be able to run this IC without a tune? Second, can this be painted black so it’s not visible behind the grill or since it’s in the stock mounting location it wouldn’t be visible anyways?

Thanks and awesome find!

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this could be a killer deal if it’s better than factory (I would assume it will be much better) having said that. Can anyone answer two questions for me - first, will I be able to run this IC without a tune? Second, can this be painted black so it’s not visible behind the grill or since it’s in the stock mounting location it wouldn’t be visible anyways?

Thanks and awesome find!

No tune needed and paint is never a good idea keeps heat in. If you do anything paint wise re search and tape off so you don’t paint the fins. Keep in mind if you paint it black and it starts to peel will show very easily over silver.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my Bell custom made intercooler I had them make for my race car and they made me an oil cooler as well. Just posting so you guys can see the quality is amazing.

29D3CB9B-94BE-4A1F-BC23-483DBC2A97F9.png

9C685EE7-2BC4-4D97-B202-8EE0BA9B8F8D.png

B3696E85-EA06-4EEE-AB6A-96BDA373458C.png

OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
Here is my Bell custom made intercooler I had them make for my race car and they made me an oil cooler as well. Just posting so you guys can see the quality is amazing.

View attachment 126895

View attachment 126896

View attachment 126897

That is very nice! You can definitely see the difference in quality vs the Chinese one. It probably cost a couple bucks more than $270 :D.

When I bought the one off eBay I was not expecting top notch quality for the price. I wanted to see if it cools better than stock and as good as the $1k intercoolers out there.

WMRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is very nice! You can definitely see the difference in quality vs the Chinese one. It probably cost a couple bucks more than $270 :D.

When I bought the one off eBay I was not expecting top notch quality for the price. I wanted to see if it cools better than stock and as good as the $1k intercoolers out there.

The Bell was a little over a grand that’s with them designing it off my specs with back and forth plan updates they get full computer design going and give you the final drawing plan with delivery they are great company. I’m sure the eBay cooler will be better than stock as long as it has more cooling area and flows better you can tell right away after you install. I could with Mishimoto. Just clean it good and blow out inside first to make sure no specs get sucked into your engine.

OP
OP
FlyingRaptor

FlyingRaptor

Reaction score
did you have to buy any additional mounting hardware ?

Yes. It did not come with any hardware so I had to buy a drain plug, bolts to hold the factory blow off valve and some aluminum to make a bracket. I also ordered some weather striping off amazon for the front of the intercooler like the Mishimoto.

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg