Dodge is trying to compete with the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
As of now its all mopar stuff you have to buy and add to the truck. And since most of the stuff is not DOT it wont be street legal. Plus even if they did produce it like that, it doesn't have the computer system that really makes a raptor shine. In a comparison they say that the ORM button keeps the raptor on top.

Banned
Reaction score
I read somewhere the dealer was putting it on and selling it as a truck. I'll try and find the article.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it that we are making other manufacturers think on their feet -- but the people that would buy a truck like that Raptor have already bought a Raptor... How many more of us are there to have bouncing back and forth between two desert racers?

Dodge, Ford beat you. Give up and make the Charger a two-door fast-back and kill off the Challenger -- or at least give it a diet!

Banned
Reaction score
Dodge isn't doing good IMO. The charger is sposed to be a muscle car, now the new ones look like a oversized import tuner ricemobile.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I like it that we are making other manufacturers think on their feet -- but the people that would buy a truck like that Raptor have already bought a Raptor... How many more of us are there to have bouncing back and forth between two desert racers?

Remember that their are a lot of people that refuse to own a Ford for what ever reason. I myself refuse to own a Dodge, but that's for another thread :)

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dodge isn't doing good IMO. The charger is sposed to be a muscle car, now the new ones look like a oversized import tuner ricemobile.

You know I actually like the new Charger but there is one problem with it. Its a DODGE.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
That challenger does need something new. Even the SRT8 cant keep up with the new 5.0 or the camaro. Dodge does good at making heavy duty trucks with the cummins. But, thats about it.

Banned
Reaction score
That challenger does need something new. Even the SRT8 cant keep up with the new 5.0 or the camaro. Dodge does good at making heavy duty trucks with the cummins. But, thats about it.

They use a good engine no question there. But the truck it's in isn't that great. Now If ya put a cummins in a ford, you'd be golden.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The new 2011 dodge is a lot nicer than the 2011 super duties. I'm about even on looks. And the best part is a LOADED new Long horn ram is $54k vs a King ranch which is $65k! I looked at a king at the dealer, pretty nice but not like that new dodge. And to make it better dodge is pushing more power out of the cummins. 386hp and 800ftlbs.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Have never been a fan of Chrysler, always thought they were a bit lacking on the quality front.

But that truck is just plain awesome, and I'm thrilled to see the Raptor become so that you'll be able to get one (with significant improvements) in 20 years. The alternative is that you get to tell your kids that way back then they made factory trucks you could jump that ran on compressed dinosaurs instead of electricity and hippie farts.