Dodge is trying to compete with the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 days before I turned 18, I was diagnosed with Anaplastic large cell lymphoma (aka cancer). I have had over 15 spinal taps, my first bout of chemotherapy was a year. About 8 months into that I started to suffer from seizures. One so bad I was in the pool and had a full body lock down and drown. So following that I had brain surgery since the doctors though everything matasticised to my brain. Thankfully it didn't. I finished chemo and was good for, a short bit. Not 2 months later I had a relapse. So, this time I underwent 3 weeks of level 10 chemo followed by a bone marrow transplant.
I have now been clean for 9 months now though! and haven't had any seizures for over a year. So, to congratulate me for pulling through one of the hardest things in life anyone would ever experience, I got my dream truck. :D

I have a real good idea what you have been going thru & yours is worse than mine. Hang in there Bro. You deserve your Raptor!
I am half way thru chemo, 3 more sessions to go!

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
So its a pace truck? they wont even race it like the raptor?

I guess that depends on how you look at it, in all reality the Raptor that Foutz built for the 1K a few years ago is nothing what you buy on the show room floor. Same can be said for the Dodge, Koeker built the Ram Runner for Dodge, well he's been winning races for years in his Dodge, only difference is the truck wasn't marketed like the Ford.

I was at Camburg a few weeks ago and their shop is next to Rhys Millens race shop, and the rumor is that Rhys is building a short course truck with a Raptor body, not sure if Ford is a part of that or not, but it's very possible

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I guess that depends on how you look at it, in all reality the Raptor that Foutz built for the 1K a few years ago is nothing what you buy on the show room floor. Same can be said for the Dodge, Koeker built the Ram Runner for Dodge, well he's been winning races for years in his Dodge, only difference is the truck wasn't marketed like the Ford.

I was at Camburg a few weeks ago and their shop is next to Rhys Millens race shop, and the rumor is that Rhys is building a short course truck with a Raptor body, not sure if Ford is a part of that or not, but it's very possible

There's already a few teams running the Raptor body in LOORRS.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
They're really wanting to get this out there. I personally like the truck, not with these graphics but, I think the new Ram's are really sharp looking and this truck certainly has the right parts on it to perform well. But they need to pick a target and go for it......it's obviously more Raptor XT territory and in that aspect, the Ram comes in cheaper. But if they want to compare it to a regular Raptor, sure it may out perform it (by how much?) but, it's not even close when comparing equally equipped vehicles and what you have to do to be on the road and driving. So you can buy an '09 Ram and then do this and be at the same price or cheaper than a Raptor......then you can't compare pricing, only performance. There's a ton of trucks on the road that guys like AII have built that would kill a Raptor. It just seems that they can't hit the bullseye on an apples to apples comparison. Still a cool truck though and props to 'em for building it .......errrr, I mean, having you build it.

Mopar Ram Runner Stage II kit has Ford Raptor in its sights — Autoblog

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere the dealer was putting it on and selling it as a truck. I'll try and find the article.

I know out here in the Phoenix area buying a new truck , jeep or car that has been moded by the dealer is very common. I have never bought a dealer modified new car, but I'm pretty sure they offer some kind of warranty on the modifications. Still, if Dodge offers a truck that is "as-good-as the Raptor" all I can say is, let's see it! They came out with the a pile of trucks to compete with the Lighting and never quite made it happen. The R/T 10 was supposedly faster than the Lightning but it was just a hyper expensive "good try." They had good numbers but not the whole package. If SVT does anything right it's streetable high performance suspensions! The key word is Streetable! Anybody can make good off-road truck, but can they make a real street truck that kicks ass off-road too? The Raptor is a lot more than a F-150 with a few bolt-ons.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Like I said before, if they don't have this put together from the factory, it won't do well.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Like I said before, if they don't have this put together from the factory, it won't do well.

I agree I think it will be a flop as well. If people do start buying the kits and using them just be quicker for there dodge to fall apart anyways.:flipthebird: