Do you guys think PPF is worth the expense on our trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering what the general opinion is of owners in here, in regards to the cost of paint protection film and if it is worth it? I was quoted $1995 for full front with $695 for the rockers using Xpel Ultimate plus.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will put PPF on any car that I plan to keep.

I did the impact areas - part of the hood, front of fenders, mirrors, grille and headlights.

My installer said that the truck is too high to do the entire front.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I did the impact areas - part of the hood, front of fenders, mirrors, grille and headlights.

I should have added, I plan on keeping it a long time. Mind if I ask what PPF was used and what you paid?

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what the general opinion is of owners in here, in regards to the cost of paint protection film and if it is worth it? I was quoted $1995 for full front with $695 for the rockers using Xpel Ultimate plus.

If you plan to keep the truck for a while, its definitely worth it.

I had Expel Ultimate Plus on the full front and I paid 2k for it.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have added, I plan on keeping it a long time. Mind if I ask what PPF was used and what you paid?

My installer used Llumar Platinum - not even sure what the difference between the brands. I paid about $1000 in funny money. Canadian dollars.

n8doggnp

Reaction score

Too high? What does he mean by that?

CDN_Raptor

Reaction score
I would say it would all depend on where you live and how you plan to use your truck. The cost of PPF is less that repainting in most cases. Value of something is all determined on the value you place on it's benefit to you.

For me personally, I will at minimum cover the high impact areas of a vehicle. We use a lot of sand and gravel in the winter. Again, cheaper than getting the vehicle repainted.