Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got front end ppf on my last truck (GM) from a highly regarded shop. Didn’t think it was worth it. Dust stuck to the ppf like crazy and the job is never perfect, no matter how hard they try

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy is about done installing PPF and ceramic coat. Sent me some update pics. Got the front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, pillars, rear splash, and fender flares done. Bumper and flares in clear/gloss. Man I think it’s gonna look sick. I love the flares tbh.
View attachment 449464
That looks better than I would’ve thought!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got front end ppf on my last truck (GM) from a highly regarded shop. Didn’t think it was worth it. Dust stuck to the ppf like crazy and the job is never perfect, no matter how hard they try
did you get the ceramic coat over the top of the PPF. from what if read and heard. the ppf will protect the paint but if you dont coat it with something it won't perform like most expect. it doesn't have any hydrophobic properties whatsoever. a must is to coat with a great product, preferably a professional grade ceramic coating. otherwise you get the stuff clinging to it like you experienced.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never did my truck. so I only can go on what I read and heard. I will soon find out my new car is getting xpel on all the most vulnerable areas and the whole car ceramic coated. wheels, calipers etc

sikedsyko

Reaction score
Guy is about done installing PPF and ceramic coat. Sent me some update pics. Got the front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, pillars, rear splash, and fender flares done. Bumper and flares in clear/gloss. Man I think it’s gonna look sick. I love the flares tbh.
View attachment 449464

Has this held up for the last few weeks? Installer I was talking to mentioned he didn't think the film would adhere properly to the textured finish on the metal portions of the front bumper and the side fenders.

RaptorAU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has this held up for the last few weeks? Installer I was talking to mentioned he didn't think the film would adhere properly to the textured finish on the metal portions of the front bumper and the side fenders.
Not really. I'm actually in the process of taking my truck to another shop next week. They are going to take the flares off along with other parts of the truck and doing the entire thing in matte PPF.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I good installer will have no problem. I’ve had PPF on mine for a year, no major issues.