Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgordon

Reaction score
I did this quick mock-up since mine is going in next week or the week after for some PPF. Tossed around the idea of a full gloss, though this is really just going to be a highway animal more than a desert monster. Am I missing anything or have anything shaded that isn't necessary? Don't really know about the rear bedsides, though those hips do bulge out!

View attachment 403814
I did the whole front & hood in Xpel & am happy with the results. I also did the Ford lettering in grill/headlights/fog lights. $1600, southern CA for comparison. Hope it helps!

Butterz

Reaction score
Heavily considering PPF after the last outing. Any feedback on the effectiveness and longevity of PPF? Considering either covering both sides or full PPF. Cost difference is like 1500 so leaning towards full.

Didn’t do much preplanning on the trail last weekend and the trail was pretty narrow with a lot of vegetating growth! Then ran into a section that was definitely too narrow (I guess it’s called the squeeze) and had to turn around. Thankfully the truck was ceramic coated from the dealer and 99% will probably come off with a good detail. Maybe not on the plastics though.

IMG_3004.jpeg
After a spray down.

IMG_3041.jpeg

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heavily considering PPF after the last outing. Any feedback on the effectiveness and longevity of PPF? Considering either covering both sides or full PPF. Cost difference is like 1500 so leaning towards full.

Didn’t do much preplanning on the trail last weekend and the trail was pretty narrow with a lot of vegetating growth! Then ran into a section that was definitely too narrow (I guess it’s called the squeeze) and had to turn around. Thankfully the truck was ceramic coated from the dealer and 99% will probably come off with a good detail. Maybe not on the plastics though.

View attachment 447752
After a spray down.

View attachment 447753

For someone like you doing trails the PPF will keep your truck looking awesome. Modern PPFs are even self-healing, meaning the scratches will diminish when parked in the sun / heat.

Is it worth the $7k? That’s up to you. I think the differential between a pristine truck and scratched up truck is probably about that same amount, so I wouldn’t do it for resale purposes.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got people on here talking about installing all sorts of random stuff that has no tangible benefit when your truck is a pavement princess and here we are in a ppf thread with people talking about how something isn’t worth it if your truck is a pavement princess.

I’ve been debating doing full stealth. My last truck was a pin striped mess. I’ve found for me the whole “should be proud because it means you use it” thing was kind of one of those things you’d tell yourself to feel better about something while subconsciously not being too stoked with your truck looking like a clapped out piece of work. Financially is it worth it for any reason? Definitely not. Neither is owning a raptor. From a do I like it standpoint, sure why not.

JustACowboy64

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted some feedback from those with experience using non-stealth PPF for protection.

Is the full wrap worth the cost? Getting quotes around $6K.

Just wondering how they hold up over time, mostly concerned about edges and lips peeling.

The trails in the northeast can get narrow, and I feel like PPF would help with tight spots in the tree brush.

Part of me also worries about strangers removing badges and flares that were factory installed and passed QC, and as of now I really have no "Covid build" issues.

Not to mention all the sensors and cameras...

Is it worth it????
Scars build character, PPF for an exotic car that sits in a garage might be worth it, might. There is so many other things 6k will do. Ride is like you stole it!

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 447752
After a spray down.

View attachment 447753
I did PPF on my TRX on everything except the cab/doors. Adding the cab/doors nearly doubled the cost, so mirrors forward and bedsides is the value PPF play.

The fenders/bedsides take the bulk of pinstriping because of the width. It has been worth every penny. All the new PPF's self heal in the sun so the pinstripes are completely gone. Biggest benefit has been avoid rock chips though. Have had a few cut into the PPF but no damage underneath