XPel PPF and Ceramic Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwain

Reaction score
Hey guys I can’t pull information up on this when I do a search. I have been looking for someone to do a PPF on my new black Raptor. Thru a little research I found Xpel is probably the best. I had someone quote me $4000 to wrap the entire front part of my truck. Not the bed though. I had assumed $4k would do the entire truck but still very expensive.
what are y’all thoughts is this worth it for rock chips and scratches or just too much money and love without then get the truck repainted one day if needed?
If it is would it be best to then do ceramic on the bed and over the PPF or is that just not worth the money either?
I want to keep my truck looking new and still be able to enjoy taking it to camp or on the interstate and not always worry about rocks slinging up on it or parking and not worry about doors dings so much. but then again the money is so much, is that the going the price or too high. It comes with a 10 year warranty.

D

Deleted member 17706

Hey guys I can’t pull information up on this when I do a search. I have been looking for someone to do a PPF on my new black Raptor. Thru a little research I found Xpel is probably the best. I had someone quote me $4000 to wrap the entire front part of my truck. Not the bed though. I had assumed $4k would do the entire truck but still very expensive.
what are y’all thoughts is this worth it for rock chips and scratches or just too much money and love without then get the truck repainted one day if needed?
If it is would it be best to then do ceramic on the bed and over the PPF or is that just not worth the money either?
I want to keep my truck looking new and still be able to enjoy taking it to camp or on the interstate and not always worry about rocks slinging up on it or parking and not worry about doors dings so much. but then again the money is so much, is that the going the price or too high. It comes with a 10 year warranty.

4K for the entire front of the truck is way overpriced. I still have had rocks penetrate the paint and cause damage on the front end of mine—that definitely dampened how I felt about it. Personally, I think it is only worth it unless you have a super car of some sort. And if I did have a super car, I would have it wrapped twice with the stuff to insure no rocks penetrate the paint. I went with the stealth version and it does look good. But it carries no real value for when you go to sale the truck. Sure, the paint will probably be in better overall condition than a truck that wasn’t wrapped in it. But a dealership won’t care enough to change the value when you trade it in. Yea, the 10 year warranty is nice too, but let’s get real, there is so much tech in these trucks, that you probably won’t own the truck for 10 years.

I would spend my money on other mods or just do a vinyl wrap, which is a lot cheaper.

OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
4K for the entire front of the truck is way overpriced. I still have had rocks penetrate the paint and cause damage on the front end of mine—that definitely dampened how I felt about it. Personally, I think it is only worth it unless you have a super car of some sort. And if I did have a super car, I would have it wrapped twice with the stuff to insure no rocks penetrate the paint. I went with the stealth version and it does look good. But it carries no real value for when you go to sale the truck. Sure, the paint will probably be in better overall condition than a truck that wasn’t wrapped in it. But a dealership won’t care enough to change the value when you trade it in. Yea, the 10 year warranty is nice too, but let’s get real, there is so much tech in these trucks, that you probably won’t own the truck for 10 years.

I would spend my money on other mods or just do a vinyl wrap, which is a lot cheaper.

I agree. Although, I did not realize the difference in vinyl wrap and a PPF such as Epel until you said that, then looked it up showing vinyl is easier to install. thank you

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, $4 is way too much. My 2020 Raptor arrives this week, Xpel and ceramic coating on Thursday of next week. Check in with me then, I'll let you know what they charge. I'm duplicating the Xpel coverage that he did on my new G63 MB and it was $3,400. Included wrapping the entire front (including bumper), A pillars, partial roof line, back wheel cover, rear bumper, interior door sills and edge gaurds at all doors. Oh, and the side view mirrors.

OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
Yes, $4 is way too much. My 2020 Raptor arrives this week, Xpel and ceramic coating on Thursday of next week. Check in with me then, I'll let you know what they charge. I'm duplicating the Xpel coverage that he did on my new G63 MB and it was $3,400. Included wrapping the entire front (including bumper), A pillars, partial roof line, back wheel cover, rear bumper, interior door sills and edge gaurds at all doors. Oh, and the side view mirrors.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I will.

Jamie Wise

Reaction score
I paid 6k for full Xpel Stealth with ceramic coating. I shopped around in my area (Charleston, SC) out of curiosity and around that price seemed to be the general consensus.

4k for just the front in the non stealth film is overpriced, unless they were planning on taking the whole front end apart and wrapping around all the edges, which still doesn't serve much of a purpose with the gloss film.

OP
OP
G

Gwain

Reaction score
Okay well today I went by to discuss the PPF with the installer and his quote to me. His price included doing the whole front and bumper which I only wanted the black or painted sections. I also said the top roof section around the sunroof didn’t have to be done. I will do ceramic on that afterwards, the price is now half so a big difference. I have it schedule for next week. I will get the two sides of the bed done the following week after I get the Raptor decal on it.