Is Full PPF Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butterz

Reaction score
I did PPF on my TRX on everything except the cab/doors. Adding the cab/doors nearly doubled the cost, so mirrors forward and bedsides is the value PPF play.

The fenders/bedsides take the bulk of pinstriping because of the width. It has been worth every penny. All the new PPF's self heal in the sun so the pinstripes are completely gone. Biggest benefit has been avoid rock chips though. Have had a few cut into the PPF but no damage underneath
Awesome! Was going through all the stages thinking maybe it’s just the new truck feeling needing to get past. No idea how it would look after years of accumulation.

Was also thinking maybe it would take less work to keep it in decent shape which would be nice.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Was going through all the stages thinking maybe it’s just the new truck feeling needing to get past. No idea how it would look after years of accumulation.

Was also thinking maybe it would take less work to keep it in decent shape which would be nice.
I have Llumar PPF and it also has ceramic coat built in. Going on three years and it looks good as new with 1500+ offroad miles.

Reaction score
Worth it just for peace of mind.

I'm with the crowd that does the front end, mirrors. I got it through the dealer for $1100 (Suntek).

On our Model X Plaid, I got just the front end too. Especially for Utah (building and development going on everywhere, lots of gravel trucks on roads, crappy roads, etc), it is a big deal in minimizing the common rock strikes. Plus every other person has a truck with MTs that loves to grab crap off road and fling it up without mudflaps... oh wait I'm one of those too.

I flip vehicles fairly quickly, and a selling point is flawless paint, with option to keep or remove the PPF.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I PPF’d the entire truck And it’s saved my paint a few times during trail rides. My only gripe is with my truck being white, you’ll see the outline of the film after getting mud/dirt stuck. I’ve tried using a toothbrush to clean the edges but no luck.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this thread asks if ppf is worth it. I can tell you, if it helps your decisionmaking, that my Walther PDP is worth it.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of yall on here are saying $6k is too much but got a $9k mountain bike in the garage? lol No hate. We all spend stupid money on shit other people think is stupid. I got $5k worth of fishing gear in the garage. I could catch the same fish on a $100 Walmart rig. Hell I could probably spit on a hook and tie it to a stick to catch that fish.

Sense goes out the door with hobbies

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of yall on here are saying $6k is too much but got a $9k mountain bike in the garage? lol No hate. We all spend stupid money on shit other people think is stupid. I got $5k worth of fishing gear in the garage. I could catch the same fish on a $100 Walmart rig. Hell I could probably spit on a hook and tie it to a stick to catch that fish.

Sense goes out the door with hobbies
*****. Damn basically called me out .

$8k MTB but opted out of PPF. Wish I had done it. But no regrets here. Ceramic coating is doing its jobs and trucks garages so not to stressed about it

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*****. Damn basically called me out .

$8k MTB but opted out of PPF. Wish I had done it. But no regrets here. Ceramic coating is doing its jobs and trucks garages so not to stressed about it
Ey I haven't ever purchased PPF either but usually because I stay in stuff for less than a year. I don't do a lot of narrow trails. I've never had a dealer walk around my vehicle and go "well I would have offered you more but you have a few small rock chips".

If I was keeping it for 5+ years than I would definitely get PPF.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how in the world are mountain bikes that expensive?
Some sort of raptor tax equivalent?
I got my '16 zx10r brand new for 11k, course it sat for 2 years and that was a bit ago but damn
I went the cheap and tacky "ppf" route with vinyl. Already has some marks that wouldve gotten the paint, 2 pohr 2 a ford the ppf418598451_726942889623821_2355344674222335615_n.jpg

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the cash, well worth it. Nothing like a 90k truck that is 3 years old with perfect paint!