Deleted stock exhaust Resonator and Muffle. Straight 3'' pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's all about 1/4 mile times. The defense for everything.

I know right? All I did was say that the 3.5 H.O. In the Raptor is a tuned up version of the regular 3.5EB just like the 6.2 in the G1 was a tuned up version of the regular 6.2 and the hate and drag race challenges spewed forth.

What these dudes are showing is insecurity at its finest. I'm fine with my boat anchor engine. I put it two different places in each post, so obviously it hurts when people tell me how slow and outdated it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017...

I've never owned a raptor before. My last truck had a big gnarly v8.

Would I have preferred the Gen 2 had a supercharged 8... like a 700 horsepower Jobber? Maybe? Why not? More power is better! lol

But it came with a twin turbo ecoboost.... am I disappointed in the engine? At first... it was a little slow... with the boost max pedal max and drop in filter... I'm pretty darn impressed. For under a grand... I'm pleased.

I do miss the instant off throttle grunt of a large V8.... but I've gotten used to driving around with a smaller displacement and turbos. It's a little different feel but it's ok. It sure does rev quickly.

I think the gen 1 raptor is a cool truck. I wouldn't want a used one, and I'm happy with what I have.

I think everyone needs to just get along.

Take care

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
I know right? All I did was say that the 3.5 H.O. In the Raptor is a tuned up version of the regular 3.5EB just like the 6.2 in the G1 was a tuned up version of the regular 6.2 and the hate and drag race challenges spewed forth.

What these dudes are showing is insecurity at its finest. I'm fine with my boat anchor engine. I put it two different places in each post, so obviously it hurts when people tell me how slow and outdated it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellllooooo Aaron!!!
Insecurity? What planet are you from? You are the one on my Thread! I think you got it wrong! You and your ******* haters are the ones insecure! This a Gen 2 post about what a 3'' straight pipe sounds like! NO ONE said they liked it! The purpose of the post was to let other Gen 2 owners know what it sounds like so they don't have to go down that road or who knows? Someone may want it!
You and your ******* cronies Gen 1 are jealous or angry?
If you can't afford one, start saving your pennies and if you are angry, write Ford a letter!
Since you don't own a Gen 2, I find the actions of you and your cronies as nothing more than Protestors trying to poison the water because you have an Ax to grind with Ford! You guys are just like the Berkely Protestors! "Us Gen 1 don't like the message from Gen 2 so we are going to Protest it, we only support free speech for Gen 1".....this is how I see it!
My goal is to continue to fine tune the best factory Baja truck designed to my personal likings! I will share my mistakes, best practice with other Gen 2 owners so they can have data to make their own decision!
I am going to purchase ADD Honey badger bumpers just so I can reverse engineer them to make a custom personalized Bumpers! I will share the data on my design so that others can choose if they would like to build their own. I will also be selling the ADD bumpers at a discount price! Someone will get a good deal!
Being that I am retired. I have the time, resources, material and money to do what ever I want to personalize my bad ass 2017 Raptor!
I haven't yet and I will promise to not go to any Gen 1 thread and Troll or post negativity!
I and other Gen 2 owners don't find yours or any of the Gen 1 haters post helpful!
So take you negative post and buzz off to your Gen 1 thread and tell each other how great your Tin cans sound!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
MR65 - I don’t think Aaron means anything by it, so I think it’s a little unfair to liken him to the Berkeley protesters when he is clearly much more aligned with the Occupiers from a few years back, most well known as ‘occupy Wall Street’.

So, more like “Occupy FRF”.

I didn’t have the last generation Raptor, so I don’t miss the sound. Gen 2 sounds way better than my previous ride, a subaru which was at least quiet. unfortunately one of my neighbors has a wrx + fart can. My lawn mower sounds better. Nevertheless thanks for posting the audio clip, saving the rest of us traveling down that path.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Hellllooooo Aaron!!!

- Hi Cupcake! :wave:

Insecurity? What planet are you from? You are the one on my Thread!

- Was I supposed to RSVP? Can I have a +1?

I think you got it wrong! You and your ******* haters are the ones insecure!

- What is it that i said that made you so mad? Why do my political views matter? Is the 3.5 H.O. not a modified version of the regular one? Was the 6.2 'Boss' not a modified version of that regular engine? Please explain where I hated on your precious Jenny?

This a Gen 2 post about what a 3'' straight pipe sounds like! NO ONE said they liked it!

-When did I bring up sound? Other than to say I'd put that quiet muffler on personally?

The purpose of the post was to let other Gen 2 owners know what it sounds like so they don't have to go down that road or who knows? Someone may want it!

- Someone might, you're right! I Run my truck straight piped.

You and your ******* cronies Gen 1 are jealous or angry?

- I'm not jealous, nor am I angry, you're coming off very defensive though. I've only commented on the way you've addressed me, not your precious truck.

If you can't afford one, start saving your pennies and if you are angry, write Ford a letter!

- It's a truck not a Lambo, stop acting like it costs $240k. All of us here at one time or another shelled out Raptor money. "You can't afford it" is just a straw-man argument. Also why would I write Ford a letter? I don't hate the Jen2, I am just happy with my boat-anchor G1. How is that so hard to believe?

Since you don't own a Gen 2, I find the actions of you and your cronies as nothing more than Protestors trying to poison the water because you have an Ax to grind with Ford! You guys are just like the Berkely Protestors! "Us Gen 1 don't like the message from Gen 2 so we are going to Protest it, we only support free speech for Gen 1".....this is how I see it!

-At which point did I defame your precious truck? The part where I said the 3.5 in it wasn't a 'from the ground up design"? Come on man, you're being offended for the sake of being offended. You're upset? Report me then, I've done exactly nothing wrong. I called you on one statement and instead of discussing it you went right to me being jealous, too poor, insulting my truck, assuming my political identity and so on.

My goal is to continue to fine tune the best factory Baja truck designed to my personal likings! I will share my mistakes, best practice with other Gen 2 owners so they can have data to make their own decision!

- Cool, that's exactly what the rest of us do here too. Maybe take a second and realize that a lot of the foundation of the knowledge base that you guys enjoy (example: 37" tires and how to fit them) is a derivative of stuff G1 guys have had to figure out on their own.

I am going to purchase ADD Honey badger bumpers just so I can reverse engineer them to make a custom personalized Bumpers! I will share the data on my design so that others can choose if they would like to build their own. I will also be selling the ADD bumpers at a discount price! Someone will get a good deal!

- That's cool as well. This is what owning a Raptor is all about. You might save yourself some cash and just see if some of your fellow J2 guys can get you some pictures and measurements to work off of though. Just a thought.

Being that I am retired. I have the time, resources, material and money to do what ever I want to personalize my bad ass 2017 Raptor!

- Congrats on that. Still no reason to tell other people you don't know that they are just 'too poor to afford one' and such.

I haven't yet and I will promise to not go to any Gen 1 thread and Troll or post negativity!

- So me wanting to debate you on a statement that I didn't believe to be true is trolling? Nah man, I know how to troll and that wasn't trolling. That was pointing out something I believed to be false. We didn't have to end up here, you drove it here.

I and other Gen 2 owners don't find yours or any of the Gen 1 haters post helpful!

- I don't find false statements like your "designed from the ground up statement" to be helpful to anyone either.

So take you negative post and buzz off to your Gen 1 thread and tell each other how great your Tin cans sound!

- Oh so my posts are negative? You're the one who called my 5.4 a boat anchor, told me that I'm too poor to own a Jenny, called me a liberal, a snowflake and no different than Berkeley protesters. I called you insecure, and I stand by that. For what reason I don't know, but you come off that way.

Tin cans? There you go with the negativity and name calling again...

Anything else you'd like to chat about?

See above...