Deleted stock exhaust Resonator and Muffle. Straight 3'' pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this thread was effective in establishing consensus on the straight pipe being a public nuisance (not the other jenhaters).

Cheers to hate tho, I hate not having one of each.

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Marmot99,
I am going to have to agree! I installed the Magnaflow 14'' muffler part #14419 last night! It cut about 25% to 30% off of Straight pipe high pitch sound that I don't like at all!
I would love to find a 3'' in/out muffler that would give me the flow to allow the Turbo's to breath to their max capacity!
I am going to add 2 more 3'' in/out single Pypes mufflers where the Resonator was.
I am hoping that this will give me the flow I want and bring down the high pitch sound that I have right now! It is not bad at idle or just cruising around 2,000 rpm. But once you give it any gas it "Sounds Terrible" If I am still not happy. I will put stock Resonator back on! I don't think there is a need to make a video of what I have right now! but if the 2 extra 3'' in/out mufflers sound good. I will post a video.
For now, I would recommend staying stock! Unless you want more flow and don't care about the sound!
https://www.carid.com/magnaflow/sta...&utm_campaign=53463042&utm_content=4181287663

You should definitely go with the Walker SS Quiet Flow mufflers. They are exactly what you are looking for. You should get these and you will then have your perfect solution.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should definitely go with the Walker SS Quiet Flow mufflers. They are exactly what you are looking for. You should get these and you will then have your perfect solution.

How about you buy them and stick them on any raptors you are buying and post a video of it. Surely it will make that V8 sound great. That would be adding to the conversation and why you are at it, make a video of you doing the weep hole mod so we can understand that a bit better also. I hear you talking about buying this or doing that but I don't see any first hand experience. It really seems like you troll the internet and then post the shit you find over here.

Everyone here knows about the walker SS and the weep hole mod and all have chosen to steer clear of them. Seems telling IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
How about you buy them and stick them on any raptors you are buying and post a video of it. Surely it will make that V8 sound great. That would be adding to the conversation and why you are at it, make a video of you doing the weep hole mod so we can understand that a bit better also. I hear you talking about buying this or doing that but I don't see any first hand experience. It really seems like you troll the internet and then post the shit you find over here.

Everyone here knows about the walker SS and the weep hole mod and all have chosen to steer clear of them. Seems telling IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker SS Quiet Flow mufflers are what the Grand National guys have used to get rid of the V6 sound.

Weep hole:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXP1KBXSny8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hEArZzx064w

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all of the emission laws and mileage requirements... one day everyone is going to be trying to improve the sound of their 4 cylinders and longing for the sound of a V6... an 8 cylinder will just be a myth you read about while your autopilot drives you to work in your electric car.

Reality dude...

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieslfrkY