Deleted stock exhaust Resonator and Muffle. Straight 3'' pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hellllooooo Aaron!!!
Insecurity? What planet are you from? You are the one on my Thread! I think you got it wrong! You and your ******* haters are the ones insecure! This a Gen 2 post about what a 3'' straight pipe sounds like! NO ONE said they liked it! The purpose of the post was to let other Gen 2 owners know what it sounds like so they don't have to go down that road or who knows? Someone may want it!
You and your ******* cronies Gen 1 are jealous or angry?
If you can't afford one, start saving your pennies and if you are angry, write Ford a letter!
Since you don't own a Gen 2, I find the actions of you and your cronies as nothing more than Protestors trying to poison the water because you have an Ax to grind with Ford! You guys are just like the Berkely Protestors! "Us Gen 1 don't like the message from Gen 2 so we are going to Protest it, we only support free speech for Gen 1".....this is how I see it!
My goal is to continue to fine tune the best factory Baja truck designed to my personal likings! I will share my mistakes, best practice with other Gen 2 owners so they can have data to make their own decision!
I am going to purchase ADD Honey badger bumpers just so I can reverse engineer them to make a custom personalized Bumpers! I will share the data on my design so that others can choose if they would like to build their own. I will also be selling the ADD bumpers at a discount price! Someone will get a good deal!
Being that I am retired. I have the time, resources, material and money to do what ever I want to personalize my bad ass 2017 Raptor!
I haven't yet and I will promise to not go to any Gen 1 thread and Troll or post negativity!
I and other Gen 2 owners don't find yours or any of the Gen 1 haters post helpful!
So take you negative post and buzz off to your Gen 1 thread and tell each other how great your Tin cans sound!

318a15ba72104d7b37799263a5d2faa47ecb083f5032299daa.jpg

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say we skip cars and coffee this week and have hugs and coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marmot99

Reaction score
Agree with staying stock on the 3.5, embrace it for what it is, its not a V8 and will never have that sound and honestly that is why Im buying a 17' lol. I have a 14' now and will be glad to get rid of the obnoxious V8 sound. I can't wait to pick up my Gen 2! Towing should be significantly improved from a sound standpoint, my 6.2 is awful towing up hills, or at speed. I get why people want the V8 rumble, and I love it in my AMG, but I don't need it in my truck.

OP
OP
M

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
Agree with staying stock on the 3.5, embrace it for what it is, its not a V8 and will never have that sound and honestly that is why Im buying a 17' lol. I have a 14' now and will be glad to get rid of the obnoxious V8 sound. I can't wait to pick up my Gen 2! Towing should be significantly improved from a sound standpoint, my 6.2 is awful towing up hills, or at speed. I get why people want the V8 rumble, and I love it in my AMG, but I don't need it in my truck.
Marmot99,
I am going to have to agree! I installed the Magnaflow 14'' muffler part #14419 last night! It cut about 25% to 30% off of Straight pipe high pitch sound that I don't like at all!
I would love to find a 3'' in/out muffler that would give me the flow to allow the Turbo's to breath to their max capacity!
I am going to add 2 more 3'' in/out single Pypes mufflers where the Resonator was.
I am hoping that this will give me the flow I want and bring down the high pitch sound that I have right now! It is not bad at idle or just cruising around 2,000 rpm. But once you give it any gas it "Sounds Terrible" If I am still not happy. I will put stock Resonator back on! I don't think there is a need to make a video of what I have right now! but if the 2 extra 3'' in/out mufflers sound good. I will post a video.
For now, I would recommend staying stock! Unless you want more flow and don't care about the sound!
https://www.carid.com/magnaflow/sta...&utm_campaign=53463042&utm_content=4181287663

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching people argue on the internet is kinda funny. Some of these posts are really thought out and well written. Seems like a lot of effort directed towards that sort of thing.

I enjoy reading about folks trialing different parts, upgrades, etc... sharing knowledge and pictures... it helps me learn... I've learned a bunch of stuff from many of you.

redirect all that good typing into threads that help me learn stuff about My truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieslfrkY