Exhaust modification...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
When I was in my late teens early 20s I had a long tube straight piped mustang. It was obnoxiously loud.

I am so glad I grew out of that
Now we must deal with our younger selves reincarnated into these kids with their dads old truck clapping down the street at 300 decibels.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly if you want louder I think the best option is to get a set of the new SPD downpipes they’re making. You’ll upgrade more than just the sound and keep all the oem functionality.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can change in the settings any time frame you want, so the raptor will start in quite mode between those times.
My truck doesn’t work with quiet start when it’s remote started. It only flips over to quiet once I sit in the truck and press start

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my kids were very young we had a guy with an exhaust modified Camero that would roll through the neighborhood, it was LOUD. He would routinely wake up my "just fell asleep infant". Pretty sure he was the only guy that thought his loud car was cool. Not sure why anyone would want a full time louder than baja mode Raptor. Its a freaking V6. It will NEVER sound good.
Actually I’ve came to actually love the sound of my Gen 2 and I had a GT 350 for three years which has what is undoubtedly the coolest factory exhaust sound ever. I have a Flowmaster, I forget which one and and X-pipe resonator delete and primarily only drive in sport mode. Call me crazy, I think it sounds great, especially when rev matching on downshifts. Just my 2 cents. I have a Gen 3 also, Baja is ok, again it sounds best in sport mode.
There is no way to start a GT 350 quietly, I’m sure my neighbors were glad to see it go.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel that my truck is a demon then, cuz I hear of everyone talking about how their trucks are so loud upon start up. Mine starts and barks for less than a second, and enters quiet mode (regardless of if it's selected/time of day/whichever). It's only upon application of throttle does it go into normal, sport, or baja. If I am at an idle, it's in quiet mode. I'd love to be able to have a baja idle! But I've not been able to figure it out.

OP
OP
Tin Can Rap

Tin Can Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My exhaust guy moved my appointment to next week; will update with his thoughts. I ordered a 2024 so I may wait to modify my '23 so the dealer doesn't lose their mind when my truck is "modified" lol.