Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
I spent the winter in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and they didnt plow or salt, just sand. So I was surprised, I reapplied it about 3 times.

Well then you're gonna be screwed spending the winter in Manitoba hahah.
They love salt. Not sure what portage likes using but highways like salt/sand.

But those do look pretty brutal for just one winter.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the sand just constantly sand blasted them, blasting thru whatever protection you put on.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mid perched my 10' and 13' last week. The 13's shocks, all around, we're completely wrapped with a thick FOX clear sticker and the 10' had die cuts. For the part, they have a lot more protection than the earlier ones. Just an observation and my 2 cents.

Banned
Reaction score
I still don't think they should be that bad. Even if being pelted by sand all winter. Either it's a crappy material fox uses, or he got a bad pair or something.

All the shocks on vehicles in my family are nowhere near that bad. Even the 83 ****** which still has its original shocks aren't that bad.

Try and get em warrantied. See what they say. Nothin to lose by asking right.

Zman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is disappointing that I feel like I need to line x everything on my damn truck due to these threads. My truck only has a 100 miles on it and I am already worried about my shocks looking like that. I will spray them down with MPHD tomorrow but from the sounds of it that doesn't even help.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah not to pleased at how they look after one winter. I would be livid if I upgraded to 3.0's or 3.5's and had them looking like that though.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's ****** up, you'd think Ford would find a better material. The shocks are visible and one of the trucks trademarks. I'd try to get Ford to cover under warrenty.