Corrosion on Rear FOX shocks AARRGH....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryballs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome info guys... Thanks a million! I am amazed at how living near the ocean has aged the underside of my truck ... I am going to keep a better watch over it now

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn ocean air ftom globull warming.... er cooling..... climate change. Don't worry! Stealing your income with a carbon tax to line the pockets of the hoaxers will make it all better

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
use some 0000 steel wool and lots of wd40 or CLR. then clean with water, then use something like the amsoil. i did the whole underside in amsoil and its working good. the only thing i dont like about it is the yellowing. so i didnt do my shocks yet. i am going to do the shocks with clear plastidip this spring, this should give it a satin but clear (not yellow) finish. ill see how it turns out and watch to see if it protects. i think it will work goo, i hope....

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No they will not do anything for you they say it doesn't affect the performance of the shocks and its only cosmetic. So you will have to deal with it is what they said to me. So i went out and upgraded to Icon 3.0 and they look so much better and perform better as well.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a case of ******
foxsvtshocks004.jpg

Ford should do something about this, but Oh well its a good excuse to upgrade.

Last edited:

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the same corrosion that stopped me from completing my mid perch yesterday. I couldn't move the blue collar at all. Has anyone been able to clean this corrosion off of the shock?