Can The Transmission's Shifting Be Improved ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 shifted better than my 2020. My 2017 was butter smooth for the 42K miles I put on it. No major issues with my 2020 but sometimes when slowing down in city driving I get a clunky downshift.
I guess mine was built on a friday 5 minutes before quitting time then lolol

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticeably. The Cobb trans tune is good. The GooseTuned tune is gooder.
If I didn't have a '21 on order I'd be contacting GooseTuned. The transmission shifting is definitely not optimal on my stock '19. It's downright embarrassing at times with my loud AF AWE 2FG H-pipe.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
If I didn't have a '21 on order I'd be contacting GooseTuned. The transmission shifting is definitely not optimal on my stock '19. It's downright embarrassing at times with my loud AF AWE 2FG H-pipe.
I do tend to notice how “unrefined” it seems on the rare occasion I have the tune uninstalled for maintenance.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told it holds the gears in sport mode because it thinks you’re going to mash the gas.
Of course. So if you aren't mashing the gas at every opportunity, it's really annoying. Mostly what it does is make me miss my manual trannies.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Here I am about 6 hours later...changed my mind and just ordered the COBB AP w/TCM from Goosetuned. Next week should be fun!
You will love it. No more skip shift. Perfect gear holds and downshifts. It’s like driving with the paddle shifts without the work.