2010 Tranny shifting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having an issue with Transmission shifting, NEED HELP/ADVICE. 2010 Raptor, 160k miles, Recent partial fluid & Filter change. When auto shifting in residential and side streets, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 shift normal but from 4 to 5, engine revs like in neutral with throttle barely applied when maintaining a steady speed. If accelerating onto the freeway all gears shift normally with no slippage. What do you all think? I have verified proper fluid level, there was no debris or metal shaving in the filter or pan magnet. Fluid was not burned or discolored. Thanks, Jim T.

OP
OP
JimT

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an SCT programmer that I think reads codes, only time I used it was to install a 5 start tune. :)

OP
OP
JimT

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I hooked up the programmer and checked for codes, it said there were none. However during one of the episodes where it failed to shift from 4 to 5 cleanly and engine RPM's came up, I did get the Wrench display on my dash and noticed I was locked out of 6th gear until I shut the engine off and it reset.