Can The Transmission's Shifting Be Improved ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure plain annoying is true. As long as you are not going down hills or aggressive all the time with the pedal it’s fine. Maybe it’s my tune but I enjoy sport mode driving in town or getting on the freeway.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
agree about not liking the sport mode either, because of how it hangs onto the gears. It's fun in the dirt if I am driving it like a dirt bike

Nyet, comrade. Truck is fine.

Notice any other drive modes that hang on to gears yet ? :-D If not, maybe take the truck off road and try the other modes out.
200.gif
Really I just wanted to post this gif ... ;-)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nyet, comrade. Truck is fine.

Notice any other drive modes that hang on to gears yet ? :-D If not, maybe take the truck off road and try the other modes out.
View attachment 313787
Really I just wanted to post this gif ... ;-)
That was one of the good take-aways from the Raptor Assault, learning the ins and outs of the electronics. Funny how good sport can feel off-road when you're cranking around, yet be instantly annoying on the street when you are just driving normally.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was one of the good take-aways from the Raptor Assault, learning the ins and outs of the electronics. Funny how good sport can feel off-road when you're cranking around, yet be instantly annoying on the street when you are just driving normally.
True dat! Makes sense. Is that right, this is a dirt vehicle lol

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure on what year yours is but, my 17 and my buddies 20 are worlds different. his shifts are noticeably better in almost any scenario. I have heard getting a trans relearn done at the dealer can work, I just haven't done it because it doesn't bother me enough to be turn it in with zero rentals available.
My 2017 shifted better than my 2020. My 2017 was butter smooth for the 42K miles I put on it. No major issues with my 2020 but sometimes when slowing down in city driving I get a clunky downshift.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2017 shifted better than my 2020. My 2017 was butter smooth for the 42K miles I put on it. No major issues with my 2020 but sometimes when slowing down in city driving I get a clunky downshift.
Ditto. My ‘19 started throwing some sharp downshifts after about 15k. Otherwise no major complaints.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands down no question about it, GOOSETUNED is the best engine and trans tune ever. Best customer service, best support, best tune. Do not second guess it, just do it and you won’t regret it.

Lags

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely… the GOOSETUNED product is superior. Winfield uses the COBB accessport for transferring tunes.
The big difference between a COBB, MPT, and Goosetuned, is the personalization. Both COBB and MPT are off the shelf canned tunes made for any and all Raptors. Goosetuned will go back and forth with you and resubmit several different tunes specific to your trucks parameters (all trucks a a little different), until he finds the absolute optimal tune that compliments your truck.