Cam Phaser/ Engine Failure Poll

Have you had or have a cam phaser or engine failure on your Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked mine up after the new

I just picked mine up from the dealer last week and they installed part # HL3Z6C525CD.

I checked for a 552CD and couldn’t find one, so I assume it’s just a typo?

thank you!

You are correct. The service part number is HL3Z-6C525-CD; engineering part number HL3E-6C525-CD.

Romans9

Reaction score
I've got the dreaded cold start rattle on my 2018. Should I revert to stock tune from my MPT tune before taking it in for this?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the dreaded cold start rattle on my 2018. Should I revert to stock tune from my MPT tune before taking it in for this?

I wouldn't. Once a TSB is released, there is no reason for the dealer or corporate to question the mode of failure. Which means there is no reason for them to waste their time checking your calibration.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A PCM recalibration was part of the SSM they did on mine...I had to go back to stock for that.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Most definitely go back to stock. Either way, be prepared for the "what if" scenario that the dealer notices your tune and uses to deny warranty.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A PCM recalibration was part of the SSM they did on mine...I had to go back to stock for that.

Correct, the PCM calibration gets updated per the SSM. The process to perform the update does not involve manually checking the calibration though, the tech simply selects "Module Programming > Module Reprogramming > PCM" in IDS and it updates itself. I'd be wary of re-installing any tune unless it can be verified that the tune contains the updated calibration Ford released for this concern.