Bronco Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
LOL....so I text my wife and said she needed to get the Bronco next. Now, she is on her 5th Jeep Wrangler. She replied "Hell NO! It's like a little bus that never grew up." HAHA I said...but the Raptor Bronco is baddass. She said...."so a stunted school bus with bigger tires...no dude." HAHA

Ha ha, but not even close to looking like a short bus. ;)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like they’re cheapening and narrowing the brand. But it takes creativity and competence in the marketing department to broaden the brand and generate actual cachet. Bronco Warthog edition would have worked for me. I feel like they took the easy way out. But given what I’ve seen over the last two years, this is their best work. Ford still makes good trucks for now, but if they don’t get their stuff together, that won’t last. They’re blowing it on all fronts right now.

I disagree. I mean, I don't care that much, but the argument that they're cheapen the brand seems more subjective than objective. No Raptor owner likes to think of it this way, but Raptor is still a trim level, not it's own individual model. I didn't have a problem with their being a F150 Tremor as well as a F250 Tremor. Wouldn't care if they added those trims to the Ranger or Maverick either, as long as the trims had the same purpose in each model.

Really, I thought it was silly for them to come up with all new trim level names for the Bronco. I would have rather seen them stick with XL, XLT, Lariat, etc. I like a logical, organized naming convention. And anyone who's familiar with Ford trucks would immediately have an idea what that means on a Bronco. What the hell does "Outer Bank" mean? I'm more disappointed in that then using the Raptor trim name, and think it's kind of stupid to use the same AND different trim names.

Ford's logistical issues aside, I think they have been pretty spot on in the models they release. Wouldn't be surprised if demand has never been higher, atleast in terms of reservations for yet to be released models.

And somewhat unrelated, I think this somewhat answers why Ford released the Raptor in 2021, instead of waiting another year like they did before. They didn't want to release Raptor and Bronco Raptor in the same year.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. I mean, I don't care that much, but the argument that they're cheapen the brand seems more subjective than objective. No Raptor owner likes to think of it this way, but Raptor is still a trim level, not it's own individual model. I didn't have a problem with their being a F150 Tremor as well as a F250 Tremor. Wouldn't care if they added those trims to the Ranger or Maverick either, as long as the trims had the same purpose in each model.

Really, I thought it was silly for them to come up with all new trim level names for the Bronco. I would have rather seen them stick with XL, XLT, Lariat, etc. I like a logical, organized naming convention. And anyone who's familiar with Ford trucks would immediately have an idea what that means on a Bronco. What the hell does "Outer Bank" mean? I'm more disappointed in that then using the Raptor trim name, and think it's kind of stupid to use the same AND different trim names.

Ford's logistical issues aside, I think they have been pretty spot on in the models they release. Wouldn't be surprised if demand has never been higher, atleast in terms of reservations for yet to be released models.

And somewhat unrelated, I think this somewhat answers why Ford released the Raptor in 2021, instead of waiting another year like they did before. They didn't want to release Raptor and Bronco Raptor in the same year.
So in theory this leaves the door open for an F-250 Raptor per say? Though I wouldn’t think it likely for various reasons.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So in theory this leaves the door open for an F-250 Raptor per say? Though I wouldn’t think it likely for various reasons.

Of course, but it won't happen, as you say. Ranger Raptor seems like, Maverick Raptor does not. No point in Explorer Raptor either. I'd love to see a Mustang Raptor.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

In my mind, Raptor, Tremor, etc are strongly identified as pickups. F150 Tremor kinda makes sense. But where is the Bronco Tremor? If Ford wants to make the Bronco a standalone success, they need to brand it well. Hot-gluing a label from the pickup line onto one of the models but not the others? Seriously? Right now, someone says "Raptor" and every listener knows exactly what's being referenced. That's a huge win for Ford. Why are they intentionally watering that down? Are they so worried that the Bronco won't succeed on it's own? Are they that lazy? Uncreative? It kinda smells like corporate bureaucracy to me. Some VP made the call, trying to cover his butt somehow so that no one would see his neck sticking out of it. I'm sure that the least experienced new hire in Ford marketing wouldn't have made this mistake. I want to see Ford succeed. It pains me to watch stuff like this.

You're a computer guy. You'd have named them something catchy like models 0, 1, and 10. LOL When I worked at HP, all the marketing guys were engineers. They were so bad at marketing that it was a standing industry joke. I do agree that if they're going to adopt the Raptor label that they should adopt them all. If there's a need to leverage truck success into the Bronco line, that would be the way to do it. Picking and choosing randomly just makes them look like idiots.

Speculation was that the Raptor, sorry, the F150 Raptor, wouldn't be released in 2021 because they had their plates too full already with the Bronco. It looks like the speculation was wrong, but the plates too full part was right on the money. Once again, it looks like classic corporate effing up based on fear. Instead of doing a job really well and getting product out a year later, they try to rush it and do the job really badly and it takes longer in the end, causing huge amounts of pain for everyone involved and damaging the brand. SOP, sadly.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course, but it won't happen, as you say. Ranger Raptor seems like, Maverick Raptor does not. No point in Explorer Raptor either. I'd love to see a Mustang Raptor.
A maverick raptor seems unlikely, but maybe an ST version? It is a city "truck" anyways

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did heard a rumor that something cool may be coming in the superduty. He said because it's over 8500 gvwr, it doesn't affect their CAFE ratings.