Bronco Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@melvimbe: I hear you on the trim/model but I would point out that the Raptor is a unique trim in that by selecting it you get basically an entirely different 1/2 ton truck; frame, body, suspension, powertrain. So, is that really a different F150 trim?

Yes. Raptor is and was an F150 trim. I get that Ford stretched it about as far as you can go and still be a trim, but it's a trim.

This is kind of like meeting a girl who cheated on her last boyfriend. Then finding out that the last boyfriend was a real jerk who treated her poorly. She's actually a really sweet and nice girl, who was about to break up with him anyway. And she's really hot. Yes, she's a cheater, and don't be surprised if she cheats on you. Sure you may have grown to think of her as something special and different...doesn't matter.

Of course, Raptor as trim is also not like that...but you get the point.

Last edited:

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct. Ford tried to make a Mustang brand and failed miserably. The Raptor is a different story…. That is a package applied to an f150. With that, comes the use of it as a package for other vehicles, and is why there is a bronco raptor, and the ranger raptor is also coming.
*Jokingly*… they cannot make an Escape raptor since there is an Escape Mustang. That would mean an escape mustang or mustang escape… any way you slice it, fords marketing department needs fully fired. They haven’t got much right in 8+yrs. Long term effects will really bite them.

I don't think the Mustang and Raptor situation are the same. Mustang is a model, not a trim. And Mach-E doesn't work as trim of the Mustang model. Pretty much the only shared parts between a Mustang and the Mach-E are the nameplates. And honestly, the name 'Mach-E' didn't need the Mustang name to it in order to make it legit. Lastly, Ford somewhat shut the door on making an actual Mustang EV....I mean EV in a Mustang body. Chances are they will end up calling it the Mustang Lightning or something.

I get the point people are making. There is the logic naming convention, there is forced branding, and there is the natural branding that happens organically. (Since everyone things of the Raptor or Mach E as separate model, not a trim level, treat it as such)

Heck, maybe the Warthog name will stick, and maybe owners will do their own branding.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Might just be me, but I’d probably look first at something like this before the new Bronco Raptor.

Love those but damn expensive(similar to what the Bronco Raptor will be probably). Heres a question for you though, would you take that 70s bronco out romping through the desert or would you take the Bronco Raptor out instead? That 70s bronco is to much of a classic to even get a scratch on it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I look at quirky marketing and packaging decisions much like the borderline psychotic, probably at least bipolar ex G/F many of us have or had in our past.

You know she is cuckoo for cocoa puffs, but she’s hot, fun, a little risqué ... ok, a LOT risqué, wildly unpredictable. And so is her mom.

It’s intriguing and fun for a while but the drama becomes overwhelming at some point and you JUST want to be done with it.

Packaging I can mostly understand, but some are pretty blatant attempts to just pad pockets - a la moonroof required for the fancy new tailgate with step.

but convenience features in a package level - we can call package level, not TRIM, right ;-)

Anyway, we know there’s some marketer with a masters degree in liberal arts deciding that the feature sets, what to call them, how to describe them and it all makes perfect sense to them. To consumers however, that’s another matter.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Heh.

Thats what she said - "Package level, RAPTOR."

Thats what I said - "Trim"
So are you saying that your package level is proportional to your life partner’s trim ? :cool:

Someone needs to bring some class to this discussion before it goes off the rails - cue @Oldfart

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that I'm keeping my RAPTOR because I only owe 40 left lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I look at quirky marketing and packaging decisions much like the borderline psychotic, probably at least bipolar ex G/F many of us have or had in our past.

You know she is cuckoo for cocoa puffs, but she’s hot, fun, a little risqué ... ok, a LOT risqué, wildly unpredictable. And so is her mom.

It’s intriguing and fun for a while but the drama becomes overwhelming at some point and you JUST want to be done with it.

I agree with analogy, except for the borderline adjective.