Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not hating, but I have to say I don't like McNeil bedsides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about adding a helper spring to keep tension on the springs at full droop?

I think I won't need one, when I say slack I mean 0 preload at full droop, and once I fill the gas tank, add the spare tire and jack, it'll be about right. Probably an inch of preload at full droop.

Dont forget the 7 weeks to fit McNeils glass... :mwah1:

Are they that bad ?
I like the "trophy" look as opposed to the flat top oem style, so that rules out glassworks pretty much.
Fiberwerx doesn't have anything besides these for a trophy style 09+, they don't look wide enough to me :shrug:

image.jpg1_zpss2tykazu.jpg

I'm not hating, but I have to say I don't like McNeil bedsides.

I didn't like their older ones, they looked a bit cartoonish. They seem to have dialed back the acid with these newer ones.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, see I don't like the cartoonish outrageous look. I think you got a very tasteful build and the yellow on the rack is just the right amount of crazy. To me the wild bulgy flairs just scream pepboys knock off.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to need a whole bunch more blocks or some monster jack stands. The top of the bed is higher than my head ( I'm 6 foot) at full droop with the tires still on the ground.

image.jpg1_zpsoiuijvmx.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsoprorxxz.jpg

Lol awesome, that jack is not gonna cut it anymore.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Build yourself a "drop hitch" in a sense out of some 2x2 square steel and slide it into the receiver hitch. Way safer than the blocks of wood in my experience.... have had those fail on me before. Haha.

Oh, and some big jack stands like this

51yV1r6DcaL._SL1071_.jpg

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These builds are pure badassry...I'm gonna rob a bank because of you guys...

"Long travel made me do it !!"