Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm monkeying around making sure the brake lines are routed with decent clearance at full bump.
Sure will need a new rear bumper and higher hitch.
This is with about an inch of bump left to go:
image.jpg1_zpsefqboeou.jpg

Only 6" or so of clearance from the hitch to the ground.

image.jpg2_zps3xasqcxh.jpg

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for an SVC V3 with integrated hitch. Kills two birds with one stone.

Yup !

Have you driven it yet??

No, just finished the brake lines yesterday. Will bleed them, change the rear end oil tomorrow and then embark upon its maiden voyage.
Things are going slower since it is dark out at 6 pm and below zero when the sun goes down.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some initial testing on it today.
It's good !
Outperforms the front end now. Geoff was right, hydraulic bumps aren't necessary, I used every bit of the bumps on the front end and couldn't even get the rear end into the bump zone. And the rear feels softer than the front in the ride zone.
Before with the icon 3.0's/+3 deavers/RPG bumps it was smashing the rear bumps all the time before the front end even started to break a sweat.

The ride is excellent, very plush but in control.
Feels very hooked up, a ton more traction now than with the leafs.
Body roll is more pronounced, but not out of control, I had it sideways a bunch of times at 70 mph, and I felt no sense of impending doom. And it's kind of fun the way the truck torque leans a bit leaving stop lights.
I noticed no adverse effects from track changes due to the panhard bar, I was kind of expecting some sort of an artifact here.
I did notice that it actually has an anti squat behaviour, when the pinion angle tries to roll up under acceleration, it pushes down on the back of the lower link arm through the axle air shock. The axle is attached to the link arm ahead of this point, and the link arm uses the axle attachment as a fulcrum and transfers an upward force to the chassis. Not sure if this was an intentional design point, but in application the truck just hooks and books ! No dragging it's butt around under acceleration.

The truck is way too much fun now, it's fast, I hit some monster g outs today at speeds that would have folded a stock raptor in half.
I'll have some more information and videos soon.
And hopefully some bedsides, the remaining inner bedside structure is going to be destroyed soon by being unsupported and getting whupped offroad.

Very happy with the way it's working so far, it compliments a long travel front end perfectly. This is exactly what I was looking for in a rear.
Performance wise, it's light years ahead of my 3.0/Deaver/bumps setup. Not even remotely comparable.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/3qu286Q5geo

5 seconds, note the anti squat behaviour

24 seconds, cross an 8 foot deep water run

37 seconds, fairly hard u turn, note the body roll

46 seconds, back through the water run, note the front tires in the air exiting it, and the front end has a lot of droop travel... never uses all of the available droop or compression travel on the rear.

The jangling noise is the spare tire tie down clevis' flopping around on the tube structure (no spare tire mounted at the time).

Last edited: