Hidden ***** Mount Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MachMan2004

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am entertaining the idea of install the SwarfWorks Hidden Winch Mount. This requires to install a front mount intercooler, I was going with a Cobb. I am being told that I would have to get my truck tuned if I add the new intercooler. There is no unlock for the 2023 Raptor available as of yet, that I am aware of. Does anyone have any insight on this?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. pics, or it’s a prius. Profile pics don’t count.

I am entertaining the idea of install the SwarfWorks Hidden Winch Mount.
Ok. Not THE most common mod, but certainly a few FRF who have done it.
This requires to install a front mount intercooler
I’m with you so far.
I am being told that I would have to get my truck tuned if I add the new intercooler.
I’m telling you that you don’t. I’ll bet others here will +1 me.
Does anyone have any insight on this?
While you will benefit from having a better intercooler if/when you tune and even if you don’t tune the truck, it is not 100% required to run provided you’re not caning it with a 93 only tune.
SO:
With a tune you should definitely have a better intercooler. Not 100% mandatory, but you should do it and if you’re spending this much money, just do the I/C at the same time.
With an intercooler you do not need to tune the truck. You can, but you don’t have to.

The only side effect of running a better intercooler with the factory tune is your intake temps will remain lower and more consistent, so you will retain more available power as temperatures increase and you begin driving the truck harder.

hjmpanzr

Reaction score
As mentioned above, you don’t need to tune the truck to install an intercooler. The only reason you need an aftermarket intercooler for the winch mount is because the winch takes the place of the factory intercooler.

OP
OP
MachMan2004

MachMan2004

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies everyone. I already replaced the stock intercooler with the Cobb factory position one and have not had any issues. I got that directly from Cobb customer Service today. I will tune the truck once it becomes available.
Thank You all again.
TimV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter