Brenthel long travel install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll compile a build thread here soon with as much detail about the install as I can.
It will include a purchase list of hardware and odds and ends, as much as I can recall anyways.
Certainly, the hydraulic bumpstops I added can be scratched off the list, totally not needed. Geoff told me so, but I did not believe, lol.
I think a guy could get away with not Swiss cheesing the bed too, I'm kind of shocked by how little up travel it's using.

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how much was this setup and how much would install run? Looks so good

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I'll compile a build thread here soon with as much detail about the install as I can.
It will include a purchase list of hardware and odds and ends, as much as I can recall anyways.
Certainly, the hydraulic bumpstops I added can be scratched off the list, totally not needed. Geoff told me so, but I did not believe, lol.
I think a guy could get away with not Swiss cheesing the bed too, I'm kind of shocked by how little up travel it's using.

What do you think the reason not much uptravel?
Just the stiffness of the shocks?

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how much was this setup and how much would install run? Looks so good

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

What do you think the reason not much uptravel?
Just the stiffness of the shocks?

I think it was around $12,000.
The bypass running a free bleed with a fairly stiff compression valving as well as the "anti squat" behaviour I'd say. Truly eye opening as the old setup was slapping bumps before the front end was even 50 % being worked. It's kind of scary now. Like it's the size of my balls that determines speeds through a section now, not suspension performance :ROFLJest:

fordraptorfans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was around $12,000.
The bypass running a free bleed with a fairly stiff compression valving as well as the "anti squat" behaviour I'd say. Truly eye opening as the old setup was slapping bumps before the front end was even 50 % being worked. It's kind of scary now. Like it's the size of my balls that determines speeds through a section now, not suspension performance :ROFLJest:

You do not find much loss of streetability? So far it all sounds awesome. Keeping the bed and even the spare tire ?

OP
OP
ntm

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do not find much loss of streetability? So far it all sounds awesome. Keeping the bed and even the spare tire ?

No, it's good on the street so far. I mean it drives closer to a trophy truck than a Ferrari, but as long as you don't try anything really silly, it's totally streetable.
The spare doesn't fit underneath due to the panhard bar. But as I'm running 37's with an aftermarket diff cover, it didn't fit before either.
It will reside here now, I welded on tabs for a ratchet y strap tie down.

image.jpg27_zpswtechkz4.jpg