Blindspot and cross traffic detection error new raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
Hey looking for a little help.

Brand-new raptor. Just had front PPF installed. I think when they did the work they disconnected one of the plugs on the side view mirror for some reason.

Supposedly it’s plugged back in, the mirror functions and operates totally fine but I’m getting an error/fault saying blind spot detection error as well as a cross traffic error.

I’ve tried to turn the system off and on again but still getting the same error.

Any other way you all can think of to reset the system? Disconnect the battery and reconnect it? or do you think Ford will need to reset the system with fore scan?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
J

jsimon77

Reaction score
Just an update… I just went back to the truck and it seems like those error codes are gone but now I’m getting a rear back up assist not working code. Odd.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do go back to the dealer DO NOT give any theory or history lesson on the truck. Simply share what’s it doing and ask them to fix it…. You want this covered under warranty

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do go back to the dealer DO NOT give any theory or history lesson on the truck. Simply share what’s it doing and ask them to fix it…. You want this covered under warranty
Not being truthful about the conditions under which the condition occurred is a good way to not get it fixed right. They’re going to see that the truck had PPF installed, might as well be upfront so they know what triggered the issue and where to look to get it resolved.

98Craig

Reaction score
I had this same error after ceramic coating. Give it about one to two weeks. It takes a while for it to recalibrate but it SHOULD go away on its own. If not gone after a few weeks then you might need to take it in.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had this same error after ceramic coating. Give it about one to two weeks. It takes a while for it to recalibrate but it SHOULD go away on its own. If not gone after a few weeks then you might need to take it in.
OP said they may have disconnected a plug when applying ppf. Curious as to how simply applying a coating to your truck and doing nothing else would cause you to receive an error code.

CoolrainRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being truthful about the conditions under which the condition occurred is a good way to not get it fixed right. They’re going to see that the truck had PPF installed, might as well be upfront so they know what triggered the issue and where to look to get it resolved.
The fact is that people have been charged for what Ford should cover as warranty. Prime example on the tailgate getting removed for reasons including bed linings and people being told they have to pay for the service to correct the error. That’s BS and as I outlined avoidable. if it’s an f’ing game to them then play

anity93

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat now. Blind spot and cross traffic errors after install of PPF. They did break one of my mirror motors which they replaced and I guess the system has to relearn once you disconnect which they did for the install since they take off lights and mirrors. He said to drive it for 50-100 miles and it should reset after he consulted a Ford Tech. It did go away one drive home from work (~18miles) the other day but it typically faults right away when I start driving. It’s been a week since the install. I’m hoping time or maybe a longer drive would fix it but also don’t want to aimlessly add miles and burn fuel in the process. Anything would be helpful regarding specific milestones. I.e. one drive, multiple drives, time/distance, traffic conditions.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke