BakFlip info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty much intent on getting a BakFlip. Is there a discount for FRF members? Where's the best place to purchase? HD or F1?

Any owners out there with suggestions, comments and learnings that are willing to share? ...will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love dealing with Bak Industries directly. Talk to Lauren, she is awesome. 818-365-9000.

As far as what model, I highly recommend the F1.

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much intent on getting a BakFlip. Is there a discount for FRF members? Where's the best place to purchase? HD or F1?

Any owners out there with suggestions, comments and learnings that are willing to share? ...will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

I have the F1 with the rail system. Good product and good service, instructions could be better. Would advise to get some weathertight expansion strips between Bakflip frame and the truck bed. Bed contour is not 100% straight so that you see a gap, especially at the backside of the bed. So far also watertight, which is essential for me. Did seal the open backside of the rain gutters, since I also don't want any water at the inside of my tailgate

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info. Thanks, all. What about price? I'm wanting the bakbox as well. I was hoping if I called those guys I'd get a discount on purchase of those together. Any strategies on paying less than $1100+ for both?

Thanks again,
Matt

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife's going to kill me. ****

I put together an order on bakfactoryoutlet.com for an F1 cover and the bakbox to see what the total was worse case (1199.76 + free shipping). Then, I went searching around on the internet and found a 10% dicscount code (code = FACEBOOK). I applied that and now my total is at (1079.78 + free shipping (they even rounded up on the penny lol)).

I decided to call them and see if they could beat the 10% discount. I spoke to Jason @ 866.506.0142 and told him that I heard on THIS website that I could get a good deal if I called directly. He said I sure could and offered me an even better than 10% off price. I was shocked, but decided to play my cards and asked him to round it down to the nearest round number which he did.

Placed my order. Should be here middle-late next week. Woohoo!

****! My wife's going to kill me.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My wife's going to kill me. ****

Man, I've thought that same thing alot since my Raptor + mods purchases.

But each time she's like, "Really? Well, you deserve it for being such a good provider for our family!" She's even thrown in a ******** or two.

Not really, no.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Woohoo! Just got the email that they shipped. Estimated delivery date is Friday. Good start to an even better weekend (hopefully).

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my bakFlip and bakBox installed. Total price paid (copied from email invoice):

***Customer is paying with 2 different credit cards, so 2 separate orders will be generated. Total prices are as follows: BakFlip F1 = $809 and BakBox = $210. Grand Total is $1019.***

Pretty good deal I think.

I put an extra layer of weather stripping between the rails and the bed. The rubber flashing on the rails still covered the bed, so hopefully it's pretty sealed up.

Pics to follow shortly.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Matt

bak01.JPG

bak02.JPG

Took it out and whipped it around some good corners with about 100 lbs in the bakBox and it stayed secure. I spent some time on fitting the brackets to get them as snug as possible (width) after hearing some stories on here of how they slip out. I'll update if that happens to me.

Last edited: