Wilwood Aero 6 Brake Kit at Hammer Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wilwood likely has a proprietary offset on their rotor hats so that you are married to their branded rotors. I asked them for the rotor specs/dimensions to compare them to available OE replacements and they never responded. Perhaps one of the vendors on here could take some measurements of both the Wilwood and R1 Rotors and answer this question.
Ive asked as well because someone else asking if other rotors work and so far, nothing will because wilwood offsets the rotors to fit the larger caliper.
It is entirely possible though assuming another Rotor brand got a hold of a wilwood one to measure

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man drilled rotors are for suckers... but go on with your bad self...
I agree for cars that see really high heat at wear from track abuse. Each drilled hole is a source of spider cracking and that is why I will always run a slotted rotor and not drilled.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know how they stop a crack from running? They drill a hole at the end of the crack.
Not on brakes my friend. Drilled holes are a major source of cracks on heavy break hot/cold cycles and use, I have tossed many of rotors cause of this. Take a look at every major racing series and tell me which ones are running drilled rotors.

Evasive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you send me pricing as well for the front slotted for the Gen3?

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could I also get pricing.

I had a set on my Gen 1, bought them at Jegs and loved them. Just picked up a Gen 3 and going to want to do them as well.

CVP33

Reaction score
Quick side bar…..Z06 rotors run stupid hot. Like glowing red hot. Heat checking is unavoidable and why we check rotors after every session.

IMG_6325.jpeg

Below is why we run slotted rotors versus drilled. Worst game of connect the dots ever. If you look closely you’ll see every drilled hole has a fracture through it. Makes it way too easy for a fully cracked rotor.

IMG_6327.jpeg