Wilwood Aero 6 Brake Kit at Hammer Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can see how they can increase stopping power but how does the anti lock brakes work after adding these to the front only? Is the braking biased changed?
I have them installed and I notice no difference in f/r brake bias. The ABS is wheel dependent, so it will activate only on wheels that are slowing too rapidly/locking up.

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Still got some of all 3 gens wilwood kits in stock.

For the rest of November, packages including rear brake pads/rotors are $1875 and packages including rear pads/rotors/lines are $1975.

IMG_1333.jpeg

Monte87

Reaction score
I know im the vendor but still, im very happy. I offroad the truck, indo time trials/races in the truck, they survived baja, i have absolutely no complaints.

Coming from a shelby into my gen 2 i had lots of issues with brakes. Did alcons on the gen 2. Gen 3 i immediately noticed back ok stock breaks they were slacking and I daily an Audi. Wilwood hinted the new brake kit and I provided lots of real world feedback and was allowed to test the kit.

Ive since matched it with R1 rear rotors and offroad performance pads and man what a difference!

Id be glad to help, ill shoot you a message
Hey, im thinking about same swap on my 22 Gen 3. I love the idea of the Wildwood calipers upfront, but im also a huge R1 concept cross drilled and slotted rotors guy.. Can you use the wildwoods calipers upfront w R1 rotors all around?? Also what did you use for rear calipers??
Thanks Anthony

Khaled

Reaction score
For those who purchased these, what was your results? Are you happy with them?

Ive ran the radial mounted version of this caliper with the two piece 14.25" rotors on a corvette in the past and they were great, but this is a much heavier vehicle with smaller rotors.

Reviews?

Please shoot me some pricing if you are still monitoring this thread.
I had them installed two days ago. So far, it's drawing a big smile on my face and for me, it is like I'm driving a new car.

Squatcho82

Reaction score
Hey, im thinking about same swap on my 22 Gen 3. I love the idea of the Wildwood calipers upfront, but im also a huge R1 concept cross drilled and slotted rotors guy.. Can you use the wildwoods calipers upfront w R1 rotors all around?? Also what did you use for rear calipers??
Thanks Anthony
Wilwood likely has a proprietary offset on their rotor hats so that you are married to their branded rotors. I asked them for the rotor specs/dimensions to compare them to available OE replacements and they never responded. Perhaps one of the vendors on here could take some measurements of both the Wilwood and R1 Rotors and answer this question.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilwood likely has a proprietary offset on their rotor hats so that you are married to their branded rotors. I asked them for the rotor specs/dimensions to compare them to available OE replacements and they never responded. Perhaps one of the vendors on here could take some measurements of both the Wilwood and R1 Rotors and answer this question.
Isn't it generally the thickness of the rotor itself? I would think that rotor hat offset would need to be the same as OE otherwise that would change the offset of the wheels... am I crazy?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This chart shows how the brake bias is changed by some manufacturers.

Attachments

• IMG_6316.png
    IMG_6316.png
    365.7 KB · Views: 18

Squatcho82

Reaction score
Isn't it generally the thickness of the rotor itself? I would think that rotor hat offset would need to be the same as OE otherwise that would change the offset of the wheels...
Rotor thickness is typically an issue as well but its very possible the caliper/rotor offset is different too. As long as the rotor/hub flange is the same thickness as OEM or close, it won't effect the offset of the wheels themselves. Now its clear that the wilwood kit was designed to clear the factory wheels, but this is typically and afterthought when it comes to big brakes. I used to machine custom radial mount adapters for different applications that would allow you to use more affordable rotors with the W6A caliper, the predecessor to the Aero 6

To be fair I don't really consider this a "big brake" kit as the rotors are essentially the same size. It is more or less just a caliper upgrade. I wish the offered these calipers with the 14.25" two piece rotors like they do for other applications, Id be willing to go to a 18" forged monoblock wheel if they did.