AWE 2FG Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if the sound of the 2FG quiets over time? I just got mine installed and have roughly 30 miles on it.

My next upgrades are SPD Turbo adapters and catted downpipes.

Currently Goosetuned and AFE Magnum Force 2 CAI.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if the sound of the 2FG quiets over time? I just got mine installed and have roughly 30 miles on it.

With the Goosetune, do you get the above referenced tone/drone from 40-44mph? On my truck I am in 7th gear vs 10th as noted above so I am thinking it doesnt have the same issue when tuned?

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Goosetune, do you get the above referenced tone/drone from 40-44mph? On my truck I am in 7th gear vs 10th as noted above so I am thinking it doesnt have the same issue when tuned?

You know, I haven't noticed it. I normally have my radio up when I am driving to and from work (side streets) and haven't noticed it being obnoxious yet. I will take it out for a spin today and check out different speeds / RPM.

My fiance and I went to the grocery store this morning and she noticed it. This was a cold start and probably didn't get over 50mph

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo adapters and SPD dp is all you need. Keep stock exhaust.
This is probably the route I will go, I'm thinking of either dumping exhaust in front or rear axle or at the top and taking the rear section and tips off all together. I've heard if you dump it down in front of the axle the noise can be annoying after a while as it bounces off the ground. Do you have any sound clips of yours with the SPD adaptors and downpipes?

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DO NOT do spd catted dp with the awe system. The H pipe makes it embarrassingly raspy. I went 1FG to 2FG and nothing changed. Currently have the corsa xtreme and am very happy. Just wanna help another vendor by not making my mistake n wasting $.

according to Awe there’s a break in period. But I didn’t notice much of a diff.

I can send you clips of the Whoopi cushion sound if you want.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DO NOT do spd catted dp with the awe system. The H pipe makes it embarrassingly raspy. I went 1FG to 2FG and nothing changed. Currently have the corsa xtreme and am very happy. Just wanna help another vendor by not making my mistake n wasting $.

according to Awe there’s a break in period. But I didn’t notice much of a diff.

I can send you clips of the Whoopi cushion sound if you want.

I would be interested in the sound clips if you wouldn't mind sharing?

Does the Corsa Extreme rasp at all under throttle?