Gen 2 Borla atak vs awe 2fg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
That’s awesome. What website would you recommend looking on? Or maybe try and find someone who bought it and doesn’t like it selling for cheap? I definitely want to pull the trigger on one now just figuring out the next step.
I got mine from another Raptor owner that wasn't going to keep his truck and couldn't return exhaust purchased. I got lucky because it was in TX and I'm in IL. But my brother lives in Houston so all I had to do is send him the $$ and wait for the next holiday for my brother to come back to Chicago area with it. I have seen quite a few Atak systems pass through the garage sale part of this site. Maybe users not happy with how loud it is. Or if just want new, I've had good luck with both Offroad Alliance or Apollo Optics.

Klockopotomis

Reaction score
If your still deciding, I bought the velocityAP with the cutout switch. So I can change between a mild throatier sound to the cutout which is much louder. I love it

Froadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious what exhaust you went with? I’m debating myself on getting an AWE, but it seems split on like/dislikes.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Borla Atak and it was to much for me! Put the resonator on it and still didn't like it. Was to raspy for me. I added 2 more Borla small resonator on each pipe to tone it done. Way to much money spent on that exhaust to not like it.
I don't have any input on the AWE but people do seem to like it.
I currently have the Mountune exhaust and I love it!!! I have had a several compliments on it as well. I kinda want to try the Spd Trombone with it. Has the equal lengths and the H-pipe.

NickW

Reaction score
My truck had the atak with the x pipe when I bought it. Sounded like s**t. I added the borla resonator and it’s ok now. It’s a V6. I haven’t heard any exhaust on a raptor that I thought sounded great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter